Old July 8th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fox News says London blasts "to Western World's advantage"

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:43:56 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:07:14 GMT, CMOT TMPV
said:

As an American I can tell you I find FoxNews terribly unbalanced, often
offensive, and just plain rotten. I've given up watching it entirely (except
for their weather which is quite good....)

Do Fox viewers get less hurricanes than (eg) CNN viewers?

Unlikely, though they might get fewer hurricanes.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon

Old July 9th 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:31:47 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:55:18 GMT,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:35:28 GMT,

(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:09:27 GMT,
wrote:

You don't like their reporting method of "calling it like it
is"...

I would rather put it as "calling it like Murdoch thinks it is".

I have, as ever, far more respect for the BBC's reporting.

I've always been a bit suspicious of state controlled news agencies,
Pravda and such.

Except that the BBC isn't a "state controlled" new agency, and for
you to suggest it is is clear evidence of your own biased agenda.

Certainly it is. You're taxed for using it...

Whilst we have to pay a compulsory licence fee that is for using any device
which can receive TV transmissions whether or not one watches the BBC. The
advantage is that we don't have to put up with near continuous adverts. IIRC
someone worked out that the average UK household pays more for the
independendant TV and radio stations, through buying the products, than the
cost of the TV licence. Even if one doesn't own a TV but buys products that
are advertised one is paying for the independant channels. However one
doesn't have to have a TV licence.

In any event, how it is funded is vastly different from who dictates what is
broadcast or published. The UK government doesn't dictate what get broadcast
and quite often complain about what they perceive as the BBCs "bias".
Interestingly the complaints are the same regardless of which party is in
power.

Old July 9th 05, 07:46 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Nick Cooper wrote:

Certainly it is. You're taxed for using it...

No we're not. The fact that you think we are furthur proves your
ignorance.

Indeed.

B.
Old July 9th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:06:51 GMT, wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:44:33 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:05:10 GMT,
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:31:47 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:55:18 GMT,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:35:28 GMT,
(Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:09:27 GMT,
wrote:

You don't like their reporting method of "calling it like it is"...

I would rather put it as "calling it like Murdoch thinks it is".

I have, as ever, far more respect for the BBC's reporting.

I've always been a bit suspicious of state controlled news agencies,
Pravda and such.

Except that the BBC isn't a "state controlled" new agency, and for you
to suggest it is is clear evidence of your own biased agenda.

Certainly it is. You're taxed for using it...

No we're not. The fact that you think we are furthur proves your
ignorance.

That you think you're not doesn't justify yours. Follow the money...

Read the Royal Charter and then **** off.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old July 10th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:26:31 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:31:47 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:55:18 GMT,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:35:28 GMT,

(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:09:27 GMT,
wrote:

[...]

So, it appears that you're saying that your government has no control
over what can and cannot be transmitted via television. Interesting.

Under normal circumstances that's correct, and it really does **** some of
them off. :-)

Old July 10th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:11:36 GMT, wrote:

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:26:31 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:31:47 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:55:18 GMT,
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:35:28 GMT,

(Neil Williams) wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:09:27 GMT,
wrote:

[...]

It has no operational control over what the BBC broadcasts any more
than the FCC in the US has any operational control over what networks
in the US broadcast.