Old July 26th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Default Last Routemasters on the 14 and 22

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In ,
Steve M typed:

I've uploaded a few pics to http://buses.fpic.co.uk/c627212.html if
anyone wants a look at how the final evening went.

Although I hadn't come to London to record the passing of the RM on these
two services, I took the opportunity to take a few photographs that I
might not be able to take in a few months time. Not just RMs, and not
just the 14 and 22 - but you can see my efforts at:
http://bobwood.fotopic.net/c627935.html

I hope that some of you will take a minute to look.

--
Bob

I would personally like to thank Bob & Steve for sharing their pictures of
the old Route Master buses with us.
Happy Days.
Pity I can't afford to buy and keep one but to those that do, good on ya !!!
--
troubleinstore

Old July 27th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

In ,
troubleinstore typed:

I would personally like to thank Bob & Steve for sharing their
pictures of the old Route Master buses with us.
Happy Days.
Pity I can't afford to buy and keep one but to those that do, good on
ya !!!

Waaah!! I never intended people to believe that the pictures were for
sale. I've only recently started to use the fotopic site and the 'Buy'
button is just there by default. If you want any of the pictures, just let
me know which ones and I will email them to you, so you can print them off
yourself. Same applies to anybody else.

--
Bob

Old July 28th 05, 05:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Pictures on http://www.wongers.fotopic.net/ and also
http://jimmyshengukbuses2.fotopic.net/.

Article on Matt's web site always a good read http://www.londonbuspage.com/

"Steve M" wrote in message
Hi all,

Friday evening witnessed the end of Routemaster operation on Routes 14 and
22, between Central London and Putney. We were lucky enough to be on the
very last departure from Putney Heath towards Central London using London
General's white roofed RML and made the second last departure from Putney
Common before heading home. A sombre night though I was glad we were
there. Full marks to all the staff crewing the final day workings as well
for being friendly and professional.

I've uploaded a few pics to http://buses.fpic.co.uk/c627212.html if anyone
wants a look at how the final evening went.

Regards

Steve M

Old July 28th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Tim Scott wrote:
Pictures on http://www.wongers.fotopic.net/ and also
http://jimmyshengukbuses2.fotopic.net/.

Article on Matt's web site always a good read http://www.londonbuspage.com/

Agreed... that's always the first place I look and indeed where I find
out about "last days" and suchlike. An excellent site.

Cheers,

Steve M (no connection blah blah etc)