Old August 19th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Putney River Taxi

The boats are Sun Clipper and Moon Clipper. Theres a bit at the back
where you can sit outside which is fun but quite noisy. They really get
a shift on between Greenwich and Woolwich, its a great journey,
especially through the Thames Barrier. If you live near the river in
Woolwich I reckon its got to beat getting the train home for comfort,
and not ridiculous timewise. Only an experimental service so check it
out while you can.

Rob

Old August 20th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:14:28 +0100, U n d e r a c h i e v e r wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

Walking past Putney Pier at lunchtime today, I saw some publicity for a
new commuter service along the Thames between Putney and Blackfriars:

http://www.thamesexecutivecharters.com/rivertaxi.html

There's also a new service from Woolwich to the centre of town run by
Thames Clippers. I've not yet used it, but the vessels look like scaled
down versions

Former Isle of Wight ferries, if I am not wrong.
I remember being on the second day of the Greenland/Savoy Pier service.
Old August 21st 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

Where and when can I ride this beast?

It shuttles back and forth between Ye Olde Tate and Tate Modern most of
the day. A better (longer, faster) run is around 1700 from Savoy,
Blackfriars etc to Canary Wharf, Greenland, Masthouse and Greenwich.

It's air conditioned, got very comfy airline style seats, great views,
it's fast, rarely packed, you can sit outside if you want ... and it has
a *bar*. And I think it's beautiful.

So, the finest piece of public passenger transport in London? Any
challengers?

U n d e r a c h i e v e r (and proud)

Old August 24th 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:11:58 +0100, John Hearns
wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

There's also a new service from Woolwich to the centre of town run by
Thames Clippers. I've not yet used it, but the vessels look like scaled
down versions

Former Isle of Wight ferries, if I am not wrong.
I remember being on the second day of the Greenland/Savoy Pier service.

To be honest I do not recognise any of those as being formerly used by
I.O.W operators.
Red funnel did dispose of their Italian built Hydrofoils a year or two
back but they looked quite different.
The older car ferries have gone to places such as Croatia and further
back Canada.
There is an apocryphal tale about that.
Still in its Red funnel livery but sitting somewhere over the Pond
on its delivery run the QE2 came in to the vicinity.
Apparently the QE2 sent a message to the former Isle of Wight ferry.
"Which one of us is lost?"
G.harman

Putney-Vauxhall via Kingston Neillw001 London Transport 0 May 10th 05 11:27 AM
Putney Brimstone London Transport 4 May 7th 05 05:57 AM
parking in putney stuvee02 London Transport 5 June 16th 04 06:51 AM
South West Trains over District Line south of East Putney Martin J London Transport 2 February 17th 04 06:40 AM
Enfield to Putney - which route? AstraVanMan London Transport 28 September 16th 03 01:03 AM