Old September 27th 05, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Questions about queensway

Hi there,
Does anyone knows what happens when the trains pass thru the closed
station of queensway? do they stop or slow?

From the train is it possible to see anything of the station? If yes,

what is it?

Thank,
Pedro Gomes.

Old September 27th 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

mtveurope wrote:
Hi there,
Does anyone knows what happens when the trains pass thru the closed
station of queensway? do they stop or slow?

From the train is it possible to see anything of the station? If yes,

what is it?

Thank,
Pedro Gomes.

They pass through at 16kph.

You can see things as the lights are still on, but the view isn't
really any different from before it closed, except for more tunnel dust
on the walls.

Old September 27th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Sep 2005 10:14:44 -0700, "mtveurope" wrote:

Does anyone knows what happens when the trains pass thru the closed
station of queensway? do they stop or slow?

They don't generally stop. I suppose signaling might occasionally
cause one to. Does it slow down? I really can't remember.

From the train is it possible to see anything of the station? If yes,

what is it?

It looks like any other station platform.
Old September 27th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.
Of course if there is a train in the section ahead, it may need to
stop, as the station starter will be at stop.

Old September 27th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chunky munky wrote:
The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.
Of course if there is a train in the section ahead, it may need to
stop, as the station starter will be at stop.

How does this work with ATO? Is the route code reprogrammed to ignore
Queensway, or is the code overridden?

Old September 27th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Daniel Martin" wrote in message
chunky munky wrote:
The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.
Of course if there is a train in the section ahead, it may need to
stop, as the station starter will be at stop.

How does this work with ATO? Is the route code reprogrammed to ignore
Queensway, or is the code overridden?

There is a station skip which can be put on. It's used when stations are
closed for security alerts etc.

Old September 28th 05, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

chunky munky wrote:
The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.
Of course if there is a train in the section ahead, it may need to
stop, as the station starter will be at stop.

How does this work with ATO? Is the route code reprogrammed to ignore
Queensway, or is the code overridden?

There is a station skip which can be put on. It's used when stations are
closed for security alerts etc.

The only problem with using the station skip, IIRC, is that you can
only skip one station in three. So with Queensway closed, it would be
impossible to automatically skip either Lancaster Gate or Notting Hill
Gate - the driver would probably have to drive in CM past all three.

Old September 30th 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chunky munky wrote:
The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.
Of course if there is a train in the section ahead, it may need to
stop, as the station starter will be at stop.

How does this work with ATO? Is the route code reprogrammed to ignore
Queensway, or is the code overridden?

There is a station skip which can be put on. It's used when stations are
closed for security alerts etc.

The only problem with using the station skip, IIRC, is that you can
only skip one station in three. So with Queensway closed, it would be
impossible to automatically skip either Lancaster Gate or Notting Hill
Gate - the driver would probably have to drive in CM past all three.

As I remember it the problem was more to do with ATO data uploads.

Normally a train at NHG2 (EB) will recieve route/run data for NHG2 -
QUE2, QUE2-LAG2 and LAG2-MAA2. (These are all the Platform ATO
Communicator aka PAC ID's).

Upon arrival at Queensway it would (if the station was open) get ATO
data for QUE2-LAG2, LAG2-MAA2 and MAA2-BOS2. As Queensway is closed
(and the PAC fuses removed so the train can't recieve the data there)
the train has got to drive to Lancaster Gate on the NHG info. Should
Lancaster Gate be closed it can then drive on the NHG data as far as
Marble Arch, at which point it must stop and communicate with the PAC
to be able to continue in ATO.

This is why ATO data modifications were so much fun (not!); you had to
modify at least three PACs for just one line of code in a run file.

Old October 14th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com,
chunky munky writes
The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.

Not on the Central Line. The codes transmitted give the maximum speed
compatible with stopping before the next train.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old November 1st 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

On 14/10/2005 23:12, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article . com,
chunky munky writes

The train will need to pass the station starter, no faster than 5mph.

Not on the Central Line. The codes transmitted give the maximum speed
compatible with stopping before the next train.

On a similar thought - On Sunday morning passing through Chancery lane
we went belting through far far faster than normal (Under full ATO)

We only ever did that once... Twas very odd. I'm always used to the 5MPh
crawl through closed stations.

It seams my news server is being a bit slow - I don't actually see any
posts besides Clive's here. However google is my friend