Old November 5th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR City Airport Extension

In message , Ian F.
writes

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA.

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

I think I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes?
boggle

--
Paul Terry
Old November 5th 05, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA.

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

I think I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes? boggle

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

Old November 5th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"TKD" wrote in message

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

I like airports. I find LCY a tad dull.

Ian

Old November 5th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:35:58 -0000, "Ian F."
wrote:

"TKD" wrote in message

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

I like airports. I find LCY a tad dull.

I think airports are fascinating from an operational viewpoint. I hate
using them though as they are so inefficient in terms of the passengers
time - unless you run everything to the wire in terms of check in etc.
--
Paul C

Old November 5th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

I like airports. I find LCY a tad dull.

Ah ok. I like being able to walk from the plane to the exit of the airport in less
than five minutes.

Old November 5th 05, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It was a dark and stormy night when TKD wrote in
article ...

On the basis that Bank is probably a convenient station for most people to
change to the DLR, it looks like a hell of a schlep to get to LCA.

Why? The direct service is 22 minutes (no changing).

I think I'll still avoid it, and use Gatwick or Heathrow.

You can get from Bank to Gatwick or Heathrow in less than 22 minutes? boggle

Even without the DLR connection the experience of using LCY is so much
more civilised than any of the other airports.

Agreed, in spades. Plus, the view as you take off over the docks and
circle over London at low level is quite stunning.

Old November 5th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Agreed, in spades. Plus, the view as you take off over the docks and
circle over London at low level is quite stunning.

I know someone whos an air traffic controller at LCY. Lets just say
that some of the near misses there have been apparently quite
"stunning" too due to the steep take off and glide slopes.

B2003

Old November 5th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TKD" wrote in message

LCY is so much more civilised than any of the other airports.

I've never got through LCY without being searched. I've never been searched
at LHR, LGW or STN.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 5th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"TKD" wrote in message

LCY is so much more civilised than any of the other airports.

I've never got through LCY without being searched. I've never been
searched at LHR, LGW or STN.

What have you got to hide that you object to being searched? Or are you a
terrorist sympathiser intent on giving them an easy route into the UK?
Perhaps both apply?

Old November 5th 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

LCY is so much more civilised than any of the other airports.

I've never got through LCY without being searched. I've never been searched
at LHR, LGW or STN.

I've used LCY twice a week, every week, for six months and never been searched.

That said, I've never been searched at any other airport in the UK either.