Old December 15th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default History of Northern Line underground 1967 FA

Sixty Years of the Northern by Charles E Lee ,M.Inst T. VGC(near mint)
Pub.London Transport Westminster SW1.29 pages plus photo pages.
A friend who is a train buff tells me this is a very rare
item..especially in near mint condition.If like me (in my London days)
you have spent long hours slogging up and down the Northern line ,you
too may have developed a grudging fondness for it!

Fascinating 60 year history,with lots of early pics of trains,platforms
staions etc,as well as a map of the development of the line,some
diagrams.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old December 16th 05, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote

Good grief! I have that booklet (but 2nd impression, 1968) and the rest
of the series published around that time!

How many were there? I've got six, but I don't know whether it's the full
set:
Sixty Years of the Bakerloo (1966)
Sixty Years of the Piccadilly (1966)
Sixty Years of the Northern (1967)
100 Years of the District (1968)
Seventy Years of the Central (1970)
The Metropolitan Line - A Brief History (1972)

Old December 16th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Salmon wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote

Good grief! I have that booklet (but 2nd impression, 1968) and the
rest of the series published around that time!

How many were there? I've got six, but I don't know whether it's the
full set:
Sixty Years of the Bakerloo (1966)
Sixty Years of the Piccadilly (1966)
Sixty Years of the Northern (1967)
100 Years of the District (1968)
Seventy Years of the Central (1970)
The Metropolitan Line - A Brief History (1972)

I've also got

The East London Line and the Thames tunnel - A brief History (1976)

The big tube - A short illustrated history of London's Great Northern & City
Railway (1976)

--
Cheers for now,

John from Harrow, Middx

remove spamnocars to reply

Old December 16th 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/biblio.html lists all the ones I know
about.

Four of my six have no SBN or ISBN. The only one I can add to your list is:
Seventy Years of the Central (1970): SBN 85329 013 X