Old July 26th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Worst Tube Station in London....were is it...

"Redonda" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Robert Woolley writes
So which do you reckon is the hardest to pronounce?

For people whose first language is not English, the one with

GHTSBR
in the middle of its name.

Naah.

Gotta be
Leicester Square (Ly-cester Square) or
Maida Vale (Maddyah Valet)

Plaistow and Theydon Bois catch out quite a few of the locals - let
alone tourists.

If Plaistow is 'Plarstow' why isn't Paisley 'Parsley'?

Because it's in Scotland rather than the saarf of England?

Old July 26th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message

If Plaistow is 'Plarstow' why isn't Paisley 'Parsley'?

Because it's in Scotland rather than the saarf of England?

Is that "Scotland" or "Scocklund"? ;-)

Old July 27th 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Ian Jelf
writes
That would be all of the ones that are underground on the
Met/Hammersmith Lines. They are dirty and depressing places to wait for
trains.

I like Baker Street......

. . and I'm quite fond of Great Portland Street, with the casement
windows on the bridge over the track.

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill
Old July 28th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Ian Jelf
writes
Ugliest: Wembley Central.
Smelliest: Wembley Central.
Most vandalised? Wembley Central.
Inaccessible? Wembley Central.

And the most frightening. I've only used it once (I posted to utl
about the experience). It still frightens me to think about it.

We went pass the station at the weekend on the bus. And my girlfriend
refused to believe Wembley Central was in use and it was a disused
station. To be honest the whole of Wembley is run down. Maybe when the
new stadium is built their will be more investment in the area.
--
CJG
Old July 28th 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , John Rowland
writes
Why would the new stadium create anything the old stadium didn't?

I don't know. Maybe Wembley needs something else to renew it?
--
CJG

Old July 28th 03, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , CJG
writes
In message , John Rowland
writes
Why would the new stadium create anything the old stadium didn't?

I don't know. Maybe Wembley needs something else to renew it?

Something with several megatons yield sprang to mind, then.

--
Steve
Old July 29th 03, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:14:59 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , John Rowland
writes
Why would the new stadium create anything the old stadium didn't?

I don't know. Maybe Wembley needs something else to renew it?

Substantial funding is coming into the areas under a section 106
agreement to tie in with the Stadium.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk