Old February 12th 06, 02:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Tube Anagram Map

Found on UK railway:

Chris Lonsbrough wrote:

I've been sent this today. As far as I can see all names are perfect
anagrams.

http://www.unfortu.net/anagrammap/

Truly inspired!

The sender did observe that "some people have too much time...."

Chris

[Jonathan Morton subsequently noticed that Bewray Kemp should be Bewlray Kemp,
but otherwise it seems to be all perfect anagrams]

--
Aidan Stanger
http://www.bettercrossrail.co.uk

Old February 12th 06, 03:05 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Chris Lonsbrough:
I've been sent this today. As far as I can see all names are perfect
anagrams.

http://www.unfortu.net/anagrammap/

Truly inspired!

I was afraid someone would post that here before I wrote to the maintainer
about the errors.

Aidan Stanger:
[Jonathan Morton subsequently noticed that Bewray Kemp should be Bewlray Kemp,

No, not, Blewray Kemp is much more euphonious.

but otherwise it seems to be all perfect anagrams]

I've only tried solving the upper left 1/9 of it so far, but I think I've
found two other errors. Haven't checked my answers yet, though.
--
Mark Brader "Those who do not know USENET
Toronto are doomed to repeat each other."
Old February 12th 06, 04:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Chris Lonsbrough wrote:

I've been sent this today. As far as I can
see all names are perfect anagrams.

http://www.unfortu.net/anagrammap/

Truly inspired!

I'd like to christen it "Bum Tape".

Old February 12th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Is Dollish Ill the only one where the letters are not scrambled?

Presumably it's the Sean Connery pronunciation :P

--
Joel Rowbottom, Chief Bespectacled Village Idiot @ Fotopic.Net
18M+ photos :: 215+ countries :: Free gallery at http://fotopic.net

Old February 12th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Steve blurted out atop a fullquote:

Putney Bridge appears as Puberty Design, where did that 'S' come
from, or has there been another bridge added?

How about Bugeyed Print?

(Debuting Pyre would seem too much like tempting fate)
Old February 13th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

The anagramming of Bow Church must've stretched the capabilities
somewhat.

Old February 13th 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Ian Tindale wrote:

The anagramming of Bow Church must've stretched the capabilities
somewhat.

Did you have a better offer? Admittedly the online anagram generators
are using dictionary words rather than placename elements, but they
have a hard time coming up with anything much.

Burch Chow.

Old February 26th 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default London Tube Anagram Map - TFL sense of humour failure

This is what you get if you go to that site now:

Content removed at the request of Healeys Solicitors acting on behalf of
Transport for London and Transport Trading Ltd

What was the harm?

Did anyone make a copy before the site was taken down (or to the owner
of the site, can you send me a copy - I'd love tit as a desktop.

Stephen

LU anagram map Jim Hawkins London Transport 7 August 27th 10 01:26 PM
Following on from the anagram tube map... John Rowland London Transport 14 February 17th 06 07:33 PM
Anagram Mick Tully London Transport 0 July 27th 05 07:21 PM
The Routemaster 'bus (anagram) Mick Tully London Transport 0 June 28th 05 06:33 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM