Old January 3rd 07, 01:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Thameslink and London Terminals

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:14:02 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

I know that there were all the problems with KXT, and not being London
Terminals from the south, etc etc. I also read that, in January, it
*would* be classed as London Terminals. When does this start? From 2nd,
I assume?

Not quite correct I'm afraid. The change does apply from today. The fare
to each station in Zone 1 will be the same from say Haywards Heath.

The webpage suggests (but doesn't say categorically) that the changes
only apply to journeys wholly within the zones.

I infer the following from the online journey planners:

Haywards Heath to London Terminals (Not Gatwick Express) CDR £14.30
Haywards Heath to London Terminals (Any Permitted) CDR £16.10
Haywards Heath to Farringdon (Not Undergound) CDR £15.00
Haywards Heath to KXTL (FCC Only) £15.00

These appear to be all the CDRs available from HH to Zone 1 Thameslink
stations.

Old January 3rd 07, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
For example a ticket issued to Farringdon cannot be used to Kings Cross
Thameslink even though the fare will be the same.

Not according to FCC's online ticket site. A CDR from LTN to Farringdon
will cost £11, but a CDR from LTN to Kings Cross Thameslink will cost
£12! For some reason when I try City Thameslink, Blackfriars or London
Bridge, the site only quotes both 1-day Travelcard fares.
Old January 3rd 07, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , invalid@invalid
invalid (asdf) wrote:

I infer the following from the online journey planners:

Haywards Heath to London Terminals (Not Gatwick Express) CDR £14.30
Haywards Heath to London Terminals (Any Permitted) CDR £16.10
Haywards Heath to Farringdon (Not Undergound) CDR £15.00
Haywards Heath to KXTL (FCC Only) £15.00

These appear to be all the CDRs available from HH to Zone 1
Thameslink
stations.

But see my Brighton examples posted earlier.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 3rd 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:49:39 GMT, Sky Rider wrote:

For example a ticket issued to Farringdon cannot be used to Kings Cross
Thameslink even though the fare will be the same.

Not according to FCC's online ticket site. A CDR from LTN to Farringdon
will cost £11, but a CDR from LTN to Kings Cross Thameslink will cost
£12! For some reason when I try City Thameslink, Blackfriars or London
Bridge, the site only quotes both 1-day Travelcard fares.

The usual ticket for a journey to City Thameslink, Blackfriars, or
London Bridge would be one to London Thameslink. I have a feeling the
planner doesn't know about them.
Old January 4th 07, 12:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , invalid@invalid
invalid (asdf) wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:49:39 GMT, Sky Rider wrote:

For example a ticket issued to Farringdon cannot be used to
Kings Cross Thameslink even though the fare will be the same.

Not according to FCC's online ticket site. A CDR from LTN to
Farringdon will cost £11, but a CDR from LTN to Kings Cross
Thameslink will cost £12! For some reason when I try City
Thameslink, Blackfriars or London Bridge, the site only quotes
both 1-day Travelcard fares.

The usual ticket for a journey to City Thameslink, Blackfriars, or
London Bridge would be one to London Thameslink. I have a feeling
the planner doesn't know about them.

It doesn't.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 4th 07, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
It's the NRE site rather than FCC's. However, your point is a good one.

Cambridge-Farringdon or City Thameslink is £23 for a Cheap Day Travelcard
or £24 for a CDR; to King's Cross it's obviously cheaper for the CDR
(£18).

Yet another interesting anomaly - speaking of anomalies, during the
PM-peak FCC has now banned off-peak return journeys from Zone C to Zone
D if the return journey on the ticket starts in Zone B and finishes in
Zone D.

Having checked out the ticket prices at LTN itself, it seems that
'London Thameslink' still exists, thankfully. As for the NRE Journey
Planner, it's possible that a ticket to KX Thameslink will be issued to
'London Terminals' and that (for £1 less as previously stated) one to
Farringdon will be issued to 'London Thameslink'. The latter is also 20p
cheaper than last year.
Old January 9th 07, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sky Rider wrote:
The latter is also 20p cheaper than last year.

Erratum: That figure should be 15p. Which is still an (admittedly
negligible) 2% discount.
Old January 11th 07, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sky Rider wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
For example a ticket issued to Farringdon cannot be used to Kings Cross
Thameslink even though the fare will be the same.

Not according to FCC's online ticket site. A CDR from LTN to Farringdon
will cost £11, but a CDR from LTN to Kings Cross Thameslink will cost
£12! For some reason when I try City Thameslink, Blackfriars or London
Bridge, the site only quotes both 1-day Travelcard fares.

How very messed up.

Cheap Day Single fares seem to be different by direction... for example,
Luton to KXTL (using a Young Person's Railcard) is 7.85 but KXTL to
Luton is 8.20. CDR is 8.25. I got the same fares for Blackfriars and St
Pancras, but Farringdon was 8.20 to Luton and 7.20 from Luton (but it
gave me 8.25 again for the CDR).

Standard Day Singles were different by direction to and from West
Hampstead Thameslink, but not to any of the other stations I tried.

Maybe the planner is a bit confused...

--
Dave Arquati
Old January 11th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Dave A)

*Subject:* Kings Cross Thameslink and London Terminals
*From:* Dave A
*Date:* Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:12:36 +0000

Sky Rider wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]

It certainly is. I was looking up times and tickets to Harrogate where
I'm going in March. At first I entered the wrong return date, making it
the same as the outward date. It offered me 5 outwards options with Saver
fares, four via Ely and one slightly higher via Stevenage (or not London)
I then corrected the return date, changing nothing else, and it only
offered me a Saver fare for the via Stevenage journey, though all the
return journey options were valid for savers.

WTF?

--
Colin Rosenstiel