Old January 10th 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Projector adverts

Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message of Tue, 9 Jan 2007
08:45:26 in uk.transport.london, writes
I read somewhere I cannot remember where but they were going to put
projector adverts at tube stations? Do you know when they are doing
this and
at which tube stations?

They have them at Tottenham Court Road on the up escalator from the
Central Line. I found them very disconcerting.

That's not what he means - those are LCD displays. He is talking about
the projection of video across the track at platforms.

Dave Arquati

Old January 11th 07, 04:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote:

Circular Quay Station had them in 2001, too. I hated the idea, just as
much as I hate the "on train" TV of which Central Trains seem so proud.

I don't like CT's version, but I do like the Train-Infoscreen "silent"
version that is used on Hamburg's U-Bahn. It's a bit like a Powerpoint
presentation, and isn't at all disruptive, and (making it all the more
useful) it shows the next station information as well, together with a
nice picture of the station concerned.

To get back on thread, the same thing is shown by projector at Hbf-Sued
station, and isn't at all disruptive, nor in any way unpleasant. It's
been in use since at least 1999.

Neil

Old January 11th 07, 06:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com, Neil
Williams writes
I don't like CT's version, but I do like the Train-Infoscreen "silent"
version that is used on Hamburg's U-Bahn. It's a bit like a Powerpoint
presentation, and isn't at all disruptive, and (making it all the more
useful) it shows the next station information as well, together with a
nice picture of the station concerned.

There was something vaguely similar to that on the RV1 bus when it was
first introduced, apparently using GPS technology and it *was* useful.
But it seemed to fall out of use after a while.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk