Old January 12th 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Inspector Sands

Mizter T wrote:

Ian F. wrote:

"Jonathan Morris" wrote in message
ups.com...

I don't know what the specific procedure is with regards to fire alerts
and evacuating Underground stations - perhaps someone who does know
might like to enlighten us - but I am certain that if there is any real
fire risk then the station is evacuated...

Well, not an Underground station, however...

A couple of years ago I was walking down one of the central platforms
at Kings Cross mainline when the "Inspector Sands" announcement turned
into a full-blown evacuation. After thirty seconds of people hurrying
to and fro GNER staff gestured for those on the platform to board the
train, and it promptly departed ten minutes early.

I suppose in some ways it is safer to extract several hundred people
from the situation aboard a train instead of adding to the crowds
exiting through the usual exits.

Robert

P.S. Don't bother replying to my email address - I'm not there anymore!

Old January 15th 07, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

He gets about a lot (or is it a woman?!) and so they probably need to
call out every now and then to check (s)he's not skiving in Starbucks
or McDonalds...

Sssh, standard mobile DMT work pattern these days and we're trying to keep
it quiet...

So that's why you can never find one when you need one! I did
wonder.......