Old August 13th 03, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:29:19 +0100, Martin Rich
wrote:

On two rides so far on Routemasters with an Oyster card (both 19s) the
conductor has just glanced at it quickly. I think they can ask to see
the little printed record card that comes with the Oyster card and
explains its validity.

I don't think you have to carry that with you though? It their fault
if they don't have the necessary equipment to check them!

Old August 13th 03, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

K writes
At present, you can only buy monthly and annual cards from the website.
Once this part of the 'public trial' is complete, they will be adding
weeklies, stored-value and LU stations/pass agents.

This is due later this year, isn't it?

According to the TfL page in the Metro, the stored-value Oyster will be
added in 2004.

We aren't talking about SV cards, though, or are we ?!?? I thought we
were talking about travelcard types being available elsewhere?

Clearly both.

--
Dave
Old August 14th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:11:38 +0100, Dave
wrote:

K writes
At present, you can only buy monthly and annual cards from the website.
Once this part of the 'public trial' is complete, they will be adding
weeklies, stored-value and LU stations/pass agents.

This is due later this year, isn't it?

According to the TfL page in the Metro, the stored-value Oyster will be
added in 2004.

We aren't talking about SV cards, though, or are we ?!?? I thought we
were talking about travelcard types being available elsewhere?

Clearly both.

Clearly not! :-) the post specifically asked about travelcards at
Waterloo

Old August 14th 03, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

K writes
At present, you can only buy monthly and annual cards from the website.
Once this part of the 'public trial' is complete, they will be adding
weeklies, stored-value and LU stations/pass agents.

This is due later this year, isn't it?

According to the TfL page in the Metro, the stored-value Oyster will be
added in 2004.

We aren't talking about SV cards, though, or are we ?!?? I thought we
were talking about travelcard types being available elsewhere?

Clearly both.

Clearly not! :-) the post specifically asked about travelcards at
Waterloo

And the thread developed from there into a wider discussion - one that
clearly included stored-value cards.

There's no law that says everyone must stick *precisely* to the subject
raised by the OP.

--
Dave
Old August 19th 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote in message ...
Bart writes
Does anyone have any idea when South West Trains at Waterloo will be
able to start issuing season tickets on Oystercard?

Not for a long, long time.

At present, you can only buy monthly and annual cards from the website.
Once this part of the 'public trial' is complete, they will be adding
weeklies, stored-value and LU stations/pass agents. I reckon NR
stations will be the last to offer Oyster (if at all).

The facility to add stored value has now been added - used it at the weekend.

Old August 19th 03, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Farrar wrote in message
Neil wrote:

You don't get another record card when you add any tickets after the

first
to your Oyster.

Also my experience, but surely you should...

I got one when I renewed my ticked at one of the touch-screen machines in
the tube station...

a d r i a n [ a t ] b u r k y [ d o t ] n e t

Old August 19th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message

Was travelling into Zone 1 from Tooting Broadway on Saturday and noticed

the
facility to add pre-pay when buying an ticket at one of the touch screen
machines. After choosing my ticket, the screen gave me the option to "Pay
Using Oystercard". Holding my Oystercard to the reader gave the option of
adding pre-pay (in increments of £5)

So you have to put money on your Oyster, then use that stored money to buy a
physical ticket before you travel? I thought the idea was that the
appropriate amounts of money would just be deducted from your Oyster as and
when you travelled?

Old August 19th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19/8/03 7:47 pm, in article , "Neil"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

Was travelling into Zone 1 from Tooting Broadway on Saturday and noticed

the
facility to add pre-pay when buying an ticket at one of the touch screen
machines. After choosing my ticket, the screen gave me the option to "Pay
Using Oystercard". Holding my Oystercard to the reader gave the option of
adding pre-pay (in increments of £5)

So you have to put money on your Oyster, then use that stored money to buy a
physical ticket before you travel? I thought the idea was that the
appropriate amounts of money would just be deducted from your Oyster as and
when you travelled?

The idea is that you can do either, I think.

Steve.