Old June 9th 07, 12:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Peaceful travel to Heathrow

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:01:57 +0100, Fig wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:55:51 +0100, Theo Markettos
wrote:

Does the gripper carry an Oyster reader when
expresstituted?

Not when I used it last weekend. I just waved my oyster wallet at him and
he seemed happy with that.
I did this twice.
(The HC grippers usually ask to physically see the card, but they don't
have readers either)

They used to, though why they stopped I do not know.

I generally have a go at them if they insist on seeing the card, as
it's pointless. IME, they very rarely ask, though maybe it's because
of the time of day I travel.

Old June 9th 07, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 19:15:01 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

* Oyster PAYG, or any Single, Return, or Travelcard valid for Zone 1-6
on printed ticket

That's a new one on me. The last time it was on, it was strictly 1-6
Day or Period Travelcards only.

How are they doing PAYG? Have they installed readers on HEx?

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old June 9th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08 Jun 2007 14:55:51 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
wrote:

Thanks, that's reassuring as a backup plan - now we've booked tickets to
Victoria and left plenty of time we might as well catch the coach to
Heathrow, but it's handy to know if it goes pear-shaped. Since there's a
bit of confusion, if Oyster is permitted but they're not accepting Z1-6
tickets, is it possible to buy a day Travelcard on Oyster?

No, but there's no need. Just buy a paper one.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old June 30th 07, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Michael Hoffman wrote:
Clive doesn't know everything. Here's a list of at least 24 things that
he didn't know at one time:

24?

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!