Old July 10th 08, 05:05 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

Default Meeting place in Luton Airport

I'm meeting some people this Saturday morning around 04:30 before we go
on for a flight. We are all all the same ticket for our flight on
EasyJet so I am inclined to meet landside. Will they make us all check
in at the same time? Somehow, even if not, it seems like it would be
easier to address problems from landside.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to meet? Maybe
the Cafe Bar?
--
Michael Hoffman

Old July 10th 08, 05:11 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
I'm meeting some people this Saturday morning around 04:30 before we go on
for a flight. We are all all the same ticket for our flight on EasyJet so
I am inclined to meet landside. Will they make us all check in at the same
time? Somehow, even if not, it seems like it would be easier to address
problems from landside.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to meet? Maybe
the Cafe Bar?

If easyJet run true to form it will go like this:

(1) check in doesn't open until two hours before scheduled time
(2) it takes longer than two hours to check everybody in (after which you've
got the security queue of course)
(3) therefore you will meet in the check in queue whether you like it or
not.

(The days of "hand luggage only, check in at gate" have gone - think
toothpaste and nail scissors - thanks to America's War on Tourism.)

--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb

Old July 10th 08, 05:39 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

http://www.easyjet.com/B2B/EN/Airpor...e_checkin.html
Old July 10th 08, 05:54 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud27co0qpmo3dt@lucy...

(The days of "hand luggage only, check in at gate" have gone - think
toothpaste and nail scissors - thanks to America's War on Tourism.)

http://www.easyjet.com/B2B/EN/Airpor...e_checkin.html

So? this is useless for anything other than a day trip because of the:

"Should you decide to check any baggage into the hold anyway, you must check
in via the desk in the normal way."
bit (see toothpaste and nail scissors above). (To be fair, the OP didn't say
that they *weren't* doing a day trip.)

Old July 10th 08, 06:02 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:54:56 +0100, Tim Ward wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud27co0qpmo3dt@lucy...

(The days of "hand luggage only, check in at gate" have gone - think
toothpaste and nail scissors - thanks to America's War on Tourism.)

http://www.easyjet.com/B2B/EN/Airpor...e_checkin.html

So? this is useless for anything other than a day trip because of the:

"Should you decide to check any baggage into the hold anyway, you must
check
in via the desk in the normal way."
bit (see toothpaste and nail scissors above). (To be fair, the OP didn't
say
that they *weren't* doing a day trip.)

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Old July 10th 08, 06:16 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Yes, I had thought of the "buy a new set of luggage each flight" approach
but frankly it's too much hassle.

Old July 10th 08, 06:50 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:16:56 +0100, Tim Ward wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Yes, I had thought of the "buy a new set of luggage each flight" approach
but frankly it's too much hassle.

Take the luggage & just buy toothpaste in small tubes.
Old July 10th 08, 07:42 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud3amhlxpmo3dt@lucy...
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:16:56 +0100, Tim Ward wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Yes, I had thought of the "buy a new set of luggage each flight" approach
but frankly it's too much hassle.

Take the luggage & just buy toothpaste in small tubes.

And nail scissors and hand cream and ...

The sooner the USA give up on their War on Tourism and start a War on
Something Else instead the better. Maybe with the new president.

Actually, given that every airport has thousands of pairs of confiscated
nail scissors, why don't they just let *arriving* passengers help themselves
to a pair? - save landfill tax.

Old July 10th 08, 07:49 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

wrote:

(The days of "hand luggage only, check in at gate" have gone - think
toothpaste and nail scissors - thanks to America's War on Tourism.)

You can take toothpaste on a plane, though it has to be in a silly
plastic bag. If I'm going away for a weekend, I hardly consider nail
scissors an important part of my kit.

Hand luggage only, with online check-in, is still very possible.
Indeed, it's how I fly most of the time.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old July 10th 08, 07:50 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:50:31 +0100, "Duncan Wood"
wrote:

Take the luggage & just buy toothpaste in small tubes.

A UK standard tube of toothpaste is well under 100ml. 70, I think.

Neil

--
Neil Williams