Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will this work?

Paul Scott wrote:
Not sure, but I don't think the concept of seeing off a friend (like a
platform ticket) has been catered for on PAYG.
You could of course do that with a travelcard season...

But oddly, not with a daily travelcard. Presumably one is *allowed* to, but
I have to "seek assistance" if I try to exit almost immediately at the
station I boarded at. The barriers don't open.

Hopefully there's some sort of time-out after which it will work. I suppose
it depends on whether this is an "unforseen circumstance" or a deliberate
measure to prevent things like somebody passing their card on to somebody
else once they think they've finished with needing it for barriers further
on in their (last) journey.