Old February 10th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stop Markers on LU

On Feb 10, 8:22 am, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 10 Feb, 15:26, MIG wrote:

In many outside sections, the platforms happen to be longer than the
trains anyway, and markers are needed so that they stay at the
entrance end.

I think all of the lines mentioned rely on platform-mounted monitors
and mirrors for checking the doors (save Overground, which has
guards), and the train also needs to be lined up with the Correct Side
Door Enable transmitter, so the driver doesn't have a lot of choice in
where they stop.

At Moorgate (Circle/H+C/Met), which I use daily, there are two
separate sets of monitors/mirrors for westbound trains (one for the
longer Met trains and one for the rest).

PaulO

Old February 11th 08, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe (Walter Briscoe ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Do LU have any platforms shared by trains which do not have the same
number of cars in a set? Do such platforms have BR/Network Rail-style

Yes!
Metropolitan (8) shares with Circle and Hammersmith & City (6) and also
with Piccadilly (6). Bakerloo (7) shares with Overground (?).

Met also shares platforms with Chiltern diesels (2-6)
Old February 11th 08, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

Richmond/Gunnersbury is shared by District and 3-car 313s(?) (ex National
Rail now London Overground). Do those stations have both NR and LT
markers? Are they going to change the markers on the rest of Overground?

I believe that the stop markers between Gunnersbury and Richmond are the
same for both Overground and Underground.

Old February 12th 08, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 11, 10:09*pm, wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in

Richmond/Gunnersbury is shared by District and 3-car 313s(?) (ex National
Rail now London Overground). * Do those stations have both NR and LT
markers? * Are they going to change the markers on the rest of Overground?

I believe that the stop markers between Gunnersbury and Richmond are the
same for both Overground and Underground.

I can't remember what kind is at Gunnersbury etc, but on the Bakerloo
shared sections, I think the markers are NR style.
Old February 12th 08, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"MIG" wrote in message

I can't remember what kind is at Gunnersbury etc, but on the Bakerloo
shared sections, I think the markers are NR style.

For both the Underground and Overground, right?

Old February 12th 08, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:55:03 GMT, wrote:

I can't remember what kind is at Gunnersbury etc, but on the Bakerloo
shared sections, I think the markers are NR style.

For both the Underground and Overground, right?

The Overground has "3 car stop" and "6 car stop" signs (or "S car
stop" at some stations instead), though 6 car trains never run (and it
may not even be possible). I don't think there are any stopping marks
for the Underground.
Old February 12th 08, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"asdf" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:55:03 GMT, wrote:

I can't remember what kind is at Gunnersbury etc, but on the Bakerloo
shared sections, I think the markers are NR style.

For both the Underground and Overground, right?

The Overground has "3 car stop" and "6 car stop" signs (or "S car
stop" at some stations instead),

I thought the "S car stop" was what they used for both on the District,
though I could be wrong.

though 6 car trains never run (and it
may not even be possible).

Why would it not be possible?

Slightly changing the subject, LT drivers also have to know how to read
national rail signals as well, don't they?

Old February 13th 08, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Slightly changing the subject, LT drivers also have to know how to read
national rail signals as well, don't they?

Yes. On the Bakerloo and District lines.

Control staff on the District, Piccadilly, Metropolitan and Circle
lines also need to know too.

Old February 13th 08, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Why on the Piccadilly as it does not come into contact with National Rail
trains?

Slightly changing the subject, LT drivers alsomo have to know how to read

Old February 13th 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:04:19 GMT, wrote:

I can't remember what kind is at Gunnersbury etc, but on the Bakerloo
shared sections, I think the markers are NR style.

For both the Underground and Overground, right?

The Overground has "3 car stop" and "6 car stop" signs (or "S car
stop" at some stations instead),

I thought the "S car stop" was what they used for both on the District,
though I could be wrong.

though 6 car trains never run (and it
may not even be possible).

Why would it not be possible?

The power supply may not be able to cope with the current drawn by a
6-car 313 accelerating.