Old September 2nd 03, 05:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default BBC's UK's Worst

"Stevie D" wrote in message
Ian D Henden wrote:

Three of us set off in convoy.

One went clockwise round M25, one went anticlockwise, I went straight on
across London.

Er ... how can you drive in convoy if you are going different routes?

RTBP!!!!

**SET OFF** in convoy.

(and, as said but not in as many words, split up when got to M25)

(Can't remember which coach got to Stanstead first)

Well that's spoilt the story g

--
Stevie D
\\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the

Old September 23rd 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

My thoughts exactly, and I have similar thoughts about people who buy
houses under the Heathrow flightpath and then complain they get planes
flying overhead.

Completely agree.
Anyone who complains is protesting too much. The area surrounding
Heathrow Airport contains some of the most expensive and desirable
places to live in London, if not the South-East of England.
I lived in Twickenham for a couple of years, and just got used to the
noise after a couple of months. And anyway, living so close to
Richmond Park, the River Thames and Heathrow Airport; as well as being
able to see Concorde on its way to and from the airport more than made
up for the odd noise disturbance.

Mrs C
Old September 23rd 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In message , Mrs C
writes
Anyone who complains is protesting too much. The area surrounding
Heathrow Airport contains some of the most expensive and desirable
places to live in London, if not the South-East of England.

Absolutely. When the royals built Windsor Castle it was their own fault
they didn't take the airport into account.
Old September 23rd 03, 06:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Mrs C wrote:

I lived in Twickenham for a couple of years, and just got used to the
noise after a couple of months. And anyway, living so close to
Richmond Park, the River Thames and Heathrow Airport; as well as being
able to see Concorde on its way to and from the airport more than made
up for the odd noise disturbance.

That's where I live now. Completely agree with your sentiment...
I'm actually suffering LESS aeroplane noise now than where I previously
lived, in Ealing, though, because that house was *right* under one of
the departure paths... ouch.
I mostly find myself living here because I work in the
somewhat-less-charming Feltham.

Niklas
--
"IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the time in
computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible to build an
Old September 23rd 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message
In article , Mrs C wrote:

I lived in Twickenham for a couple of years, and just got used to the
noise after a couple of months. And anyway, living so close to
Richmond Park, the River Thames and Heathrow Airport; as well as being
able to see Concorde on its way to and from the airport more than made
up for the odd noise disturbance.

That's where I live now. Completely agree with your sentiment...
I'm actually suffering LESS aeroplane noise now than where I previously
lived, in Ealing, though, because that house was *right* under one of
the departure paths... ouch.

I spend quite a bit of time in Twickewnham too. Couple of nice pubs (Barmy
Arms and The Swan) down by the river.

I mostly find myself living here because I work in the
somewhat-less-charming Feltham.

You have my sympathy, sir. Mind you, only slightly worse than where I am,
just up the line in Staines.

Old September 24th 03, 12:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Absolutely. When the royals built Windsor Castle it was their own fault
they didn't take the airport into account.

As the American tourists say, it's so convenient they built Windsor Castle
next to the airport.

Or of Clifford's Tower in York (C13), 'do you think these are original'
referring to the safety steps and handrails leading upwards!

Richard

Old September 24th 03, 01:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Richard" wrote in message
Absolutely. When the royals built Windsor Castle it was their own fault
they didn't take the airport into account.

As the American tourists say, it's so convenient they built Windsor Castle
next to the airport.

Or of Clifford's Tower in York (C13), 'do you think these are original'
referring to the safety steps and handrails leading upwards!

Or the tourist asking the guide why a Tudor mansion was built so close to
the freeway.

Old September 24th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:15:45 +0000 (UTC), in uk.transport "Cast_Iron"
wrote:

|"Richard" wrote in message
| Absolutely. When the royals built Windsor Castle it was their own fault
| they didn't take the airport into account.
|
| As the American tourists say, it's so convenient they built Windsor Castle
| next to the airport.
|
| Or of Clifford's Tower in York (C13), 'do you think these are original'
| referring to the safety steps and handrails leading upwards!
|
|Or the tourist asking the guide why a Tudor mansion was built so close to
|the freeway.

It was so Henry VIII could make a quick getaway from his 8
Mothers-in-law in his Porsche. I thought everybody knew that.

--
Pete Baggett
My Web Page:-

Worst Welcome MaxB London Transport 15 March 14th 06 09:57 AM
Worst ten commutes Dave Arquati London Transport 9 December 13th 04 09:30 AM
Which bus-stop is best? Which is worst? Sir Benjamin Nunn London Transport 0 September 16th 04 11:30 AM
Worst map ever John Rowland London Transport 2 February 24th 04 08:25 PM
The Worst Tube Station in London....were is it... ronnie biggs London Transport 56 July 29th 03 06:54 PM