Old February 22nd 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default National Express adverts on the Tube

They've been wanting to get rid of that name for about a year now, its
only now they finally done something about it.

Old February 22nd 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 05:17:50 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote:

On 22 Feb, 13:00, Mizter T wrote:
Don't forget Silverlink, that bizarre two headed beast. Sure, County
might have been good, but Metro was appalling - in much of north
London Silverlink became a byword for decay and grime.

And Scotrail, Wessex, WAGN and Wales & Borders.

By the by, is c2c going to being rebranded, and if so to what and
when? Will it be a toungue twisting tangler like National Express
South Essex? (Sounds like a bus company... I suppose it is though!)

The last issue of Modern Railways says "Some of the businesses will
require careful handling [...] we're working on a creative solution
for c2c rail services". Contrast with the rush to get shot of the
'one' brand.

And the most recent edition of Transit quoted Bowker as saying that a
decision had still to e taken on C2C as they are well aware that the
"brand" has established itself rather well in the area served by the
line. Personally I'd leave it alone and add a strapline referencing
National Express to the livery. I know they won't do that but they
really should. White trains look hideous - I disliked the awful ones
that WAGN ran and now we're to get a whole fleet of them. Stupid
decision.

Let's hope that when they do decide to start the rebranding they make a
better job of it than the god awful shambles that is being visited on
the Travel West Midlands, sorry National Express West Midlands, fleet.
--
Paul C

Old February 22nd 08, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb, 20:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
White trains look hideous - I disliked the awful ones
that WAGN ran and now we're to get a whole fleet of them. Stupid
decision.

Who run what colour trains again?

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old February 22nd 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:57:58 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote:

On 22 Feb, 20:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
White trains look hideous - I disliked the awful ones
that WAGN ran and now we're to get a whole fleet of them. Stupid
decision.

Who run what colour trains again?

Well yes but with decent additions of red and blue plus the trains tend
to see a train wash everyday. That certainly was not the case with the
"undercoat" white trains of WAGN where the rust and general muck just
ended up engrained into the livery. I simply cannot see National
Express managing to keep such large fleets of trains and buses in good
clean condition day in, day out. You certainly don't see it with their
coaches.
--
Paul C

Old February 23rd 08, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
I simply cannot see National
Express managing to keep such large fleets of trains and buses in good
clean condition day in, day out. You certainly don't see it with their
coaches.

South Eastern Trains seem to do ok with their white trains, although yes
One Railway seem to struggle keeping the 1xwhite 156 they have clean
so dont hold much hope for the rest of them!

Old February 23rd 08, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 22 Feb, 20:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
White trains look hideous - I disliked the awful ones
that WAGN ran and now we're to get a whole fleet of them. Stupid
decision.

Who run what colour trains again?

Well yes but with decent additions of red and blue plus the trains
tend to see a train wash everyday. That certainly was not the case
with the "undercoat" white trains of WAGN where the rust and general
muck just ended up engrained into the livery. I simply cannot see
National Express managing to keep such large fleets of trains and
buses in good clean condition day in, day out. You certainly don't
see it with their coaches.

Their coaches look fine IMO.

Old February 23rd 08, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
I simply cannot see National
Express managing to keep such large fleets of trains and buses in
good clean condition day in, day out. You certainly don't see it
with their coaches.

South Eastern Trains seem to do ok with their white trains,

As do SWT.

And Chiltern, which are white up to window level.

Old February 24th 08, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well yes but with decent additions of red and blue plus the trains tend
to see a train wash everyday. That certainly was not the case with the
"undercoat" white trains of WAGN where the rust and general muck just
ended up engrained into the livery. I simply cannot see National
Express managing to keep such large fleets of trains and buses in good
clean condition day in, day out. You certainly don't see it with their
coaches.

I have always thought that NE coaches seem to be consistenly clean and
shiny, considering their use.

Perhaps I just live in an area close to a NE coach-wash!