Old September 6th 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus ventilation

In article , Richard J. wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Personally I'd miss the 92 stock too... I like the large window
area which gives a nice airy feeling.

i.e. acts like a mobile greenhouse in summer (modern buses suffer too from
this obsession with large areas of glass and no aircon).

Given how relatively cool summers here are[1], I hardly think air
conditioning is a necessity, but I really can't figure out why modern
buses have almost no ventilation on the upper deck. In this regard,
the Routemasters really are much, much better (at least in the
summer!)

[1] What passes for a heat wave here is just normal summer weather in
Ottawa. When I was growing up there, there was no air
conditioning to be found on buses, but the windows sure opened!

Christopher

--
Christopher Allen . + . -===""===- c==== .