Old June 3rd 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Central line buggered again

So people got stuck for an hour in 3 packed trains yesterday
because some points broke/got stuck/whatever. I'm just wondering if
it'll take someone to die of a heart attack in situations like this
before the cretins in LU change their procedures for this type of
event. Were the lessons of the incident at Bank a few years back
not enough or do LU management have permanent blinkers and
earmuffs on? I'm sure the usual suspects will just accuse me of
having another go at LU , and that they did they best they could
under difficult circumstances blah blah ****ing blah. Funny we've
been hearing this now for decades but nothing ever changes and
IMO probably never will until someone does die and LU gets it
arse sued all the way to the bank by the grieving relatives.

B2003

Old June 3rd 05, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
So people got stuck for an hour in 3 packed trains yesterday
because some points broke/got stuck/whatever. I'm just wondering if
it'll take someone to die of a heart attack in situations like this
before the cretins in LU change their procedures for this type of
event. Were the lessons of the incident at Bank a few years back
not enough or do LU management have permanent blinkers and
earmuffs on? I'm sure the usual suspects will just accuse me of
having another go at LU , and that they did they best they could
under difficult circumstances blah blah ****ing blah. Funny we've
been hearing this now for decades but nothing ever changes and
IMO probably never will until someone does die and LU gets it
arse sued all the way to the bank by the grieving relatives.

Are you capable of understanding anything you're told or do you really have
a totally blinkered view?

Old June 3rd 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Here we go. Go on , tell us what a "complex situation" it was and
how "everyone did their best given the circumstances" and perhaps
"lessons were learned". Etc. Fact is , despite all the platitudes
people were stuck in unpleasent conditions. Who knows what
would have happened if it had been a hot day. Linking up trains
so people can walk through isn't rocket science and when I was
in NYC it actually happened to the train I was on. Difference was
the cluetrain arrived early in their control room and within 15 mins
we were all standing on a platform.

B2003

Old June 3rd 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Here we go. Go on , tell us what a "complex situation" it was and
how "everyone did their best given the circumstances" and perhaps
"lessons were learned". Etc. Fact is , despite all the platitudes
people were stuck in unpleasent conditions. Who knows what
would have happened if it had been a hot day. Linking up trains
so people can walk through isn't rocket science and when I was
in NYC it actually happened to the train I was on. Difference was
the cluetrain arrived early in their control room and within 15 mins
we were all standing on a platform.

As I suspected, you don't.

Old June 3rd 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Here we go. Go on , tell us what a "complex situation" it was and
how "everyone did their best given the circumstances" and perhaps
"lessons were learned". Etc. Fact is , despite all the platitudes
people were stuck in unpleasent conditions. Who knows what
would have happened if it had been a hot day. Linking up trains
so people can walk through isn't rocket science and when I was
in NYC it actually happened to the train I was on. Difference was
the cluetrain arrived early in their control room and within 15
mins we were all standing on a platform.

As I suspected, you don't.

So what is the explanation why it took an hour and a half to get
passengers out on this occasion? It does seem an awfully long time.

In the airline industry, there are standards set for how long it should
take to empty an aircraft in an emergency evacuation. 90 seconds comes
to mind. I know that this was not that sort of emergency, but are there
standards set by LU for the maximum time that passengers should be stuck
underground?
--
Richard J.

Old June 3rd 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder what would have happened if there had been a fire spreading
along the tunnel toward the train, or water leaking in from a burst
main? Are people expected to sit there and wait to die?
This sort of thing fills me with dread as I get panic attacks in
enclosed spaces that I cannot get out of when I want to. One thing I
worry about is being on a train of any sort and not being able to
leave. If I'd been down there yesterday I'd most likely have ended up
in hospital and be in communication with a solicitor and/or a reporter
from the Daily Express today.
LU, or any underground train operator are skating on thin ice over this
sort of thing. Surely the most important consideration must be to
detrain passengers and get them to safety as soon as it becomes clear
the situation cannot be resolved within a few minutes. I can't believe
that LU systems are so archaic that this sort of action cannot be
co-ordinated, or do we have to wait until people die to find out that
they are?

Neill

Old June 3rd 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

As I suspected, you don't.

Well come on then Brimstone - what's the explanation that we should all
understand???? I'm curious.

Old June 3rd 05, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In this situation, there was no immediate chance of anyone dying,
although dehydration is nasty passengers should be evacuated long before
that becomes a problem.

In the event of a fire, flood etc I can assure you that as a driver I
will get Traction Current off, I will get the emergency ladder out, I
will do all I can to get everyone to safety, that is what I am paid to
do, that is what I will do.

Boltar please don't reply to this post, I have a small child who doesn't
listen to a word I say and I can't be arsed with it on this NG.
Old June 3rd 05, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mick" wrote in message

Well come on then Brimstone - what's the explanation that we should all
understand???? I'm curious.

Yes, me too. Any word from out there, Brimstone?

Ian

Old June 3rd 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mick" wrote in message

As I suspected, you don't.

Well come on then Brimstone - what's the explanation that we should all
understand???? I'm curious.

Who said anything about all? Obviously another arrogant prat who thinks
everything is addressed to him.