Old June 18th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default around Aldgate East

Le 18/06/2008, Mr Thant a supposé :
On 18 Jun, 10:40, Michèle wrote:
I'm located near Algdage East for a few days.

The nearest big supermarket is, as Tom mentions, the Sainsbury's
northeast of Whitechapel:
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shopping...ore.htm?id=460

(it's the "Superstore" marked in blue on the map on that page. Aldgate
East is off to the left along the green road. It shouldn't be more
than 10-15 minutes walk.

You can also get buses 25, 205 or 254, as shown on the map Paul
posted:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

If you want a really big, cheap supermarket, get the 135 to
Crossharbour Asda, also shown on the bus map. There are also a several
convenience stores and a market outside Whitechapel station. I don't
think there are many shops around Aldgate East.

Thanks a lot, Mr Thant.

Old June 25th 08, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle avait écrit le 18/06/2008 :

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

and I suggest you simply search on the appropriate supermarket website
to see whether there are branches close to Aldgate East.

http://www.city-visitor.com/aldgatee...ermarkets.html

Thanks a lot to everybody, I went to Asda and I bought a beautiful
dress not to expensive and I discovered the Isle of Dogs on the way.

I took the buses you indicate to me, It was "super".

Michèle

Old June 25th 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle avait écrit:

Thanks a lot to everybody, I went to Asda and I bought a beautiful
dress not to expensive and I discovered the Isle of Dogs on the way.

I took the buses you indicate to me, It was "super".

Pleased to hear that you had a good time, Michèle. Come back and see us
again soon!

Old June 26th 08, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:00:58 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

Michèle avait écrit le 18/06/2008 :

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

and I suggest you simply search on the appropriate supermarket website
to see whether there are branches close to Aldgate East.

http://www.city-visitor.com/aldgatee...ermarkets.html

Thanks a lot to everybody, I went to Asda and I bought a beautiful
dress not to expensive and I discovered the Isle of Dogs on the way.

I took the buses you indicate to me, It was "super".

Jolly good - glad you had a super time and well done for being "brave"
enough to use the buses out in to the suburbs. Not something that
visitors usually do!
--
Paul C