Old June 18th 08, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

In message , John Rowland
writes

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the
recognition problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

Me, a long time ago, when I was the core of the group, before I became its
lunatic fringe.

C'mon John. You're not a lunatic and you don't have a fringe

Old June 18th 08, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:36:24 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

Yours
Programme Manager
The UTL Drinks Project :-)

See.. you didn't need us at all!

No, no, no, Paul's just the programme manager. He's going to put out a
request for tenders, which we can respond to, then award a concession to
one of us to organise and operate the meet. The concessionaire will
sub-contract location selection, table reservation, communication etc to
partners, subject to EU fast-track bidding regulations, and manage the
consortium's delivery schedule, which will have to be approved by the
programme manager, who is in turn reporting to the UTL Board.

This is all assuming the unions agree to it, of course.

Very good - I can assure that I most certainly will not be doing any of
the above. It was just administering a gentle nudge to the process
knowing what a task it can be on another group trying to get people to
one place at a given time.
--
Paul C

Old June 18th 08, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John Rowland
writes
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, John Rowland wrote:

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the
recognition problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

Me, a long time ago, when I was the core of the group, before I became its
lunatic fringe.

I recall a pleasant evening in The George in Southwark.......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old June 26th 08, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .uk, Colin
Rosenstiel writes
In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

What time does everyone fancy? I'd thought in terms of 7.00pm but
earlier if that's better for Colin?

A start later than 6:30 would be tricky for me.

So I would suggest kick off at 1830 and people can arrive and depart as
they wish might be the best way forward?

Old June 27th 08, 01:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message .uk,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

What time does everyone fancy? I'd thought in terms of 7.00pm but
earlier if that's better for Colin?

A start later than 6:30 would be tricky for me.

So I would suggest kick off at 1830 and people can arrive and
depart as they wish might be the best way forward?

So that's the Head of Steam (akak Doric Arch) on 15 July from 18:30 then?
See y'all then!

--
Colin Rosenstiel