Old July 11th 08, 01:13 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

Default Meeting place in Luton Airport

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:38:18 +0100, Chris Shore
wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Indeed. Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at Newquay
in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and solid shampoo,
and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought that that was a
biological warfare risk).

Regards,

Helen

Old July 11th 08, 01:30 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Indeed. Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at
Newquay in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and
solid shampoo, and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought that
that was a biological warfare risk).

By that standard they clearly expect everyone to be somewhat sniffy!

Please may I have some of what these people are on?

--

Brian
Old July 11th 08, 02:28 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:13:06 on
Fri, 11 Jul 2008, HE Elsom remarked:
Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at
Newquay in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and
solid shampoo, and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought
that that was a biological warfare risk).

Solid deodorant is OK according to BAA's list; but other places may have
different interpretations.

http://www.baa.com/assets/B2CPortal/..._CantDec06.pdf

As we are talking about Luton, they have (had?) a big collection of
things (pinned on a noticeboard) that were banned (ie were liquids or
deemed to be pseudo-liquids). The one that surprised me was lip balm.

This was at a time before they introduced the plastic bags and you
couldn't take any of the things that are currently restricted to 100ml.
Old July 11th 08, 02:51 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:13:06 on Fri,
11 Jul 2008, HE Elsom remarked:
Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at Newquay
in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and solid shampoo,
and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought that that was a
biological warfare risk).

Solid deodorant is OK according to BAA's list; but other places may have
different interpretations.

http://www.baa.com/assets/B2CPortal/..._CantDec06.pdf

I've flown with it into/out of US, China, Hong Kong, India, France, Vietnam,
Japan,
Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil so far and not had any
problems. If none
of those places query it, I'd be really surprised if I get pulled up
anywhere...

Chris

Old July 11th 08, 08:53 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Duncan Wood" wrote in message
newsp.ud28exx5pmo3dt@lucy...

Generally I can survive away from home for more than 24hrs without nail
scissors & toothpaste is available in most of the world nowadays.

Indeed. Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at
Newquay in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap and
solid shampoo, and a hoggs pudding (though they might have thought that
that was a biological warfare risk).

Regards,

Helen

Using an aeroplane to get to Newquay and back makes you little better
than one in my eyes. What about taking a train?

Old July 11th 08, 09:01 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:53:49 +0100, magwitch wrote:

Using an aeroplane to get to Newquay and back makes you little better
than one in my eyes. What about taking a train?

I have no money, the flight was free and it was important for me to see
someone there. I hope that meets your moral standards.

Regards,

Helen

Old July 11th 08, 09:06 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:01:45 +0100, HE Elsom wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:53:49 +0100, magwitch wrote:

Using an aeroplane to get to Newquay and back makes you little better
than one in my eyes. What about taking a train?

I have no money, the flight was free and it was important for me to see
someone there. I hope that meets your moral standards.

No.

Now go and eat a bucket of organic free-range wholewheat tofu as penance.

--
One way ticket from Mornington Crescent to Tannhauser Gate please.
Old July 11th 08, 09:13 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

HE Elsom wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:53:49 +0100, magwitch wrote:

Using an aeroplane to get to Newquay and back makes you little better
than one in my eyes. What about taking a train?

I have no money, the flight was free and it was important for me to see
someone there. I hope that meets your moral standards.

Regards,

Helen

Nothing to do with morality... what's this free airline called then?

I know RyanAir were doing flights to Italy for £4 last summer, but
your's sounds a better deal.

PS. I've experienced having no money as well, we used to hitch.
Old July 11th 08, 10:54 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Chris Shore) wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
14:13:06 on Fri, 11 Jul 2008, HE Elsom
remarked:
Buy solid deodorant, tooth powder and solid shaving soap.

I got the "you are a terrorist" treatment with solid deodorant at
Newquay in April. They were also sniffy about used bars of soap
and solid shampoo, and a hoggs pudding (though they might have
thought that that was a biological warfare risk).

Solid deodorant is OK according to BAA's list; but other places
may have different interpretations.

http://www.baa.com/assets/B2CPortal/..._CantDec06.pdf

I've flown with it into/out of US, China, Hong Kong, India, France,
Vietnam, Japan, Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil so
far and not had any problems. If none of those places query it, I'd
be really surprised if I get pulled up anywhere...

Ah, but none of them have the best bolted stable doors in the world like
what we do.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 12th 08, 01:01 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

Hand luggage only, with online check-in, is still very possible.
Indeed, it's how I fly most of the time.

Mrs. F. and I are flying in October for 10 days in offtopic San Francisco
and Vegas /offtopic. I'm having trouble convincing her we can do it with
hand baggage!

Ian