Old August 3rd 08, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Connections blog - No more

My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by the
discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned site.
There are may comments on the site itself expressing there fulsome
thanks and deep regret that this is the case. I thought I would make my
dismay and thanks known here not just to Mr Thant himself, but also to
all of you on utl who have only had rare occasion to click that link.

With apologies if any thread here has already been raised - I have not
seen it.

Thank you Mr Thant and good luck in your new endeavours,

Mike R

Old August 4th 08, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Aug 3, 6:39*am, Mike Roberts
wrote:
My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by the
discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned site.
There are may comments on the site itself expressing there fulsome
thanks and deep regret that this is the case. I thought I would make my
dismay and thanks known here not just to Mr Thant himself, but also to
all of you on utl who have only had rare occasion to click that link.

With apologies if any thread here has already been raised - I have not
seen it.

Thank you Mr Thant and good luck in your new endeavours,

Mike R

Yea, thank you Mr. Thant for your service in providing your excelent
blg. I will miss it.

Adrian
Old August 4th 08, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit

1506 wrote:
On Aug 3, 6:39 am, Mike Roberts
wrote:
My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by
the discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned
site. There are may comments on the site itself expressing there
fulsome thanks and deep regret that this is the case. I thought I
would make my dismay and thanks known here not just to Mr Thant
himself, but also to all of you on utl who have only had rare
occasion to click that link.

With apologies if any thread here has already been raised - I have
not seen it.

Thank you Mr Thant and good luck in your new endeavours,

Mike R

Yea, thank you Mr. Thant for your service in providing your excelent
blg. I will miss it.

Thank U Mr Thant.

So, who's taking up the baton next!

Old August 4th 08, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Mike Roberts wrote:

My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by the
discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned site.

I'm sorry to hear that. Three cheers for U and his brilliant work, long
may he continue to do great things in other spheres. He joins John Rowland
and Dave Arquati in the Clive W. D. Feather Hall of London Transport
Website Fame.

U, i will buy you a pint at the next meet [1].

tom

[1] Along with the various people i owe pints from the last one!

--
Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody
could draw wherever they liked. Where every street was awash with a
Old August 4th 08, 11:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Tom
Anderson writes

My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by
the discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned
site.

I'm sorry to hear that. Three cheers for U and his brilliant work, long
may he continue to do great things in other spheres. He joins John
Rowland and Dave Arquati in the Clive W. D. Feather Hall of London
Transport Website Fame.

U, i will buy you a pint at the next meet [1].

Steady there, he was looking a bit peaky after three cokes last time we
met

Mind you, I'm sorry he's not posting his blog any more either. I've not
seen the announcement as I don't frequent it oftenly(!), but the times
I've been there it's been of great interest.

So, Mr U, why you go?

Old August 5th 08, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Aug, 00:27, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message , Tom
Anderson writes

My first post here after lurking for a long time. It is prompted by
the discovery that Mr Thant will not be updating the above mentioned
site.

I'm sorry to hear that. Three cheers for U and his brilliant work, long
may he continue to do great things in other spheres. He joins John
Rowland and Dave Arquati in the Clive W. D. Feather Hall of London
Transport Website Fame.

U, i will buy you a pint at the next meet [1].

Steady there, he was looking a bit peaky after three cokes last time we
met

Mind you, I'm sorry he's not posting his blog any more either. *I've not
seen the announcement as I don't frequent it oftenly(!), but the times
I've been there it's been of great interest.

So, Mr U, why you go?

Same reason Messers Arquati and Rowland went before him, I'm guessing
- it's a bloody massive job.

Jonn
Old August 5th 08, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve M
writes

Maybe he's got a job on the "inside" now? I work for LU so am always
checking what I post, just incase it could be deemed inappropriate!

Cheers

Steve M

I agree and I'm always mindful of this too when posting here. That's
why I try to inform but am reluctant to get into slanging matches.

Those staff who are hereabouts and care to join a staff only email group
to chat about staff matters are welcome to contact me directly.

Oh, that will be steve@g7kkh(dot)me(dot)uk