Old October 8th 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default Crossrail Update

"MIG" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 4:35 pm, Boltar wrote:
On Oct 4, 2:27 pm, lonelytraveller

wrote:
loved Astoria when they could demolish the much despised
Centrepoint;

I quite like centrepoint. As far as 60s/70s towers go its one of
the
better ones.

The tower isn't the thing on my mind every time my mind boggles yet
again at the attitudes that must have prevailed in so many minds and
institutions at the same time when a whole block was built in the
centre of a city without a pavement to walk on.

There is a pavement to walk on. It was assumed that the Barbican
"highwalks" would have spread all across London

We got five ring roads from the planner kings (or at least a partial
try)
And Jubilee and Victoria in their halls of stone
No highwalks for pedestrians, still doomed to die
No Orbrail then for railways, who once ruled the throne.
But there's one mode that rules them all, although they won't admit
it.
For fast, fun trips around our town, ride a bike, you won't regret
it.

Jeremy Parker