Old February 3rd 09, 04:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tuesday's transport

TfL says: "MOST LONDON DAY BUSES WILL RESUME TO A FULL SERVICE TODAY
HOWEVER DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER AND DANGEROUS ROAD CONDITIONS SOME ROUTES
MAY HAVE TO BE WITHDRAWN."

Sorry for the caps, that's how it is on their website.

I've already seen one bendy go down Great Portland Street.

The District line is slowly falling over - signal failure at East Putney,
faulty train at HSK.

The Bakerloo line's still out between Stonebridge Park and H&W.

But the mainline trains seem to be faring worst today so far.

Old February 3rd 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 3, 5:50*am, James Farrar wrote:
TfL says: "MOST LONDON DAY BUSES WILL RESUME TO A FULL SERVICE TODAY
HOWEVER DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER AND DANGEROUS ROAD CONDITIONS SOME ROUTES
MAY HAVE TO BE WITHDRAWN."

No surprise really. I drove to work this morning, apart from some ice
on the road immediately outside my flat the roads were clear. But
public sector workers are always looking for an excuse not to get
their lazy backsides out of bed and snow provides a perfect one even
it most of its already started to melt.

B2003
Old February 4th 09, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 05:50:31AM +0000, James Farrar wrote:

TfL says: "MOST LONDON DAY BUSES WILL RESUME TO A FULL SERVICE TODAY
HOWEVER DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER AND DANGEROUS ROAD CONDITIONS SOME ROUTES
MAY HAVE TO BE WITHDRAWN."

But the mainline trains seem to be faring worst today so far.

My journeys to and from work yesterday were great. Southern's severely
reduced service worked well, being on time in both directions, and the
38 bus was almost empty.

Today, though, was a nightmare. Southern tried to run a normal service,
but I waited for almost an hour at Thornton Heath for a northbound
train. When we eventually crawled into Clapham Junction (after spending
lots of time waiting at signals) the driver suggested that people should
get off and go to Waterloo instead of Victoria because he could see
trains stopped at every signal in front of him.

So I did, and everything Just Worked again. In fact, I might start
doing that regularly, given that the 521 drops me about as far from work
as the 38 does, and does it quicker.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

" In My Egotistical Opinion, most people's ... programs should be
indented six feet downward and covered with dirt. "
--Blair P. Houghton
Old February 4th 09, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 05:50:31AM +0000, James Farrar wrote:

TfL says: "MOST LONDON DAY BUSES WILL RESUME TO A FULL SERVICE TODAY
HOWEVER DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER AND DANGEROUS ROAD CONDITIONS SOME ROUTES
MAY HAVE TO BE WITHDRAWN."

But the mainline trains seem to be faring worst today so far.

My journeys to and from work yesterday were great. Southern's severely
reduced service worked well, being on time in both directions, and the
38 bus was almost empty.

Today, though, was a nightmare. Southern tried to run a normal service,
but I waited for almost an hour at Thornton Heath for a northbound
train.

What time? I got the 08:23 from Thornton Heath this morning no trouble.
It arrived at 08:30 but to be honest that particular train is always
late anyway...

It was much emptier than usual.

--
Paul