Old March 23rd 09, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

_ wrote:

Just out of interest, who are you trying to kid? Free cloo for you,
Bollen - if you dont like being outed online, dont try and wind up the
natives

And your intention when you post (anonymously) to uk.rec.cycling is......?

Roger Thorpe

Old March 23rd 09, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Abo Abo is offline

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:01:26 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?

A road sign is something
that says "No Waiting", or "High Street".

sigh In Italy road signs also say "Hotel Miramare 800M " or point to
other local businesses.

I was looking at the UK maps, and road signs saying things like "No
Waiting" and "High Street".

Hubcaps might be the same rule - I've seen some bizarre blurring on
vehicles such as headlights on BMWs and rear boot badges on some, but
not all, models.

I don't think I've ever seen a corporate logo on a hubcap.

RR,
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/3...5922bc.jpg?v=0

blue and white propellor,
http://www.bm1centre.com/images/Wheelparts/BMW%20WC.jpg

"Ford" in an oval,
http://www.hubcapzone.com/hubcaps/fa...ord/3292wc.jpg

Audi logo
http://www2.partstrain.com/images/photos/A261206.JPG

Or are you going to deny that these are corporate logos?

Well, done. They are corporate logos.

However, the wheels I've seen blurred don't have logos on them.

How can you tell, if they're blurred?
Old March 23rd 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:28:19 on Mon, 23 Mar
2009, Abo remarked:
However, the wheels I've seen blurred don't have logos on them.

How can you tell, if they're blurred?

Because in one case only the rear wheel is blurred, and you can see from
comparing it to the front wheel that it isn't the type which would have
a logo. For another, the picture is a car that's parked in someone's
drive just round the corner from my house, and it's still there, and
doesn't have logos on the wheels.

In any case, the "logo" issue is a red herring, because Google aren't
blurring logos, they are blurring "things that look circular" (plus
"things that look like licence plates").
Old March 23rd 09, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

So you now resort to poking fun at typos .. 'of' should have been 'if'.

Most normal people would have realised this and probably not commented
as it's generally coherent, unlike your usual inane (insane) ramblings
and incoherent drivel.

I agree BUT some of the dear sweet people here enjoy taking the michael out
of me and never saw you attack them

Old March 23rd 09, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Perhaps Lewisham council should be informed that someone has erected a
structure without planning consent in the front garden of a council
owned property in a conservation area? They're very keen on taking
action against people who do such things.

Well Done Filth

I'm sure this action will reduce the tax burden on motorists, change the
World view on climate change AND get rid of speed camears

OR

Are you just a lying little troll who enjoys winding the terminally stupid
up?

Old March 23rd 09, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Toommy wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

So you now resort to poking fun at typos .. 'of' should have been
'if'.

Most normal people would have realised this and probably not
commented as it's generally coherent, unlike your usual inane
(insane) ramblings and incoherent drivel.

I agree BUT some of the dear sweet people here enjoy taking the
michael out of me and never saw you attack them

... and yet again you somehow totally **** up what you're trying to say
so it makes little to no sense and (yet again, again!) adds to the
evidence of your utter stupidity.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old March 23rd 09, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On 23 Mar, 15:38, "Toommy" wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in ...

So you now resort to poking fun at typos .. 'of' should have been 'if'.

Most normal people would have realised this and probably not commented
as it's generally coherent, unlike your usual inane (insane) ramblings
and incoherent drivel.

I agree BUT �some of the dear sweet people here enjoy taking the michael out
of me and never saw you attack them

Hey, Toomy, what will you do for wanks now Jade is dead? Back to
fantasising about sucking Gollum's cock, is it?
Old March 24th 09, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 01:14:37 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:
AdeV wrote:

Not only does the arch-anarchist live in a bog-standard semi, but he's
got single-glazed wood-framed windows as well. Not very "eco", Duhg.

It's a bog-standard council semi at that.

I caught a really dreaful old bunch of bull**** on Radio 4 last week. A
play about trying to achieve a zero emissions lifestyle. It was crap. It
also featured George Monbiot and a couple of other eco-mentalists
playing themselves.

Thank **** I missed that one. There's not much I can imagine being
worse, although stuck in a room with tooooomtard and gollum probably
comes close.

Guess what single activity they condemned the most?

Retired people living alone at a distance from their family, hence using
up resources that could be used by an entire family. Monbio claimed that
old people living alone consume vastly more than their fair share of
resources. That sounds just like someone we know and barely tolerate.

Indeed so. But I've no doubt that he has an *excellent* excuse for
living on his own in a 3-bed semi with single-glazed wooden-framed
windows. Unless he actually lives in the box on the driveway, presumably
to the disgust of the real occupants of 119...

So come on Duhg - what's your excuse & how do you justify it?

In the play they forced the grandfather to go and live with his
children.

They wouldn't have him, surely to goodness...?

Presumably, in the play, the offending grandfather's home was bulldozed
in order to make way for a rainforest-friendly carbon-neutral lesbian
basket weaving centre?

--
Cheers!
Ade.
Old March 24th 09, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

AdeV gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Guess what single activity they condemned the most?

Retired people living alone at a distance from their family, hence
using up resources that could be used by an entire family. Monbio
claimed that old people living alone consume vastly more than their
fair share of resources. That sounds just like someone we know and
barely tolerate.

Indeed so. But I've no doubt that he has an *excellent* excuse for
living on his own in a 3-bed semi with single-glazed wooden-framed
windows. Unless he actually lives in the box on the driveway, presumably
to the disgust of the real occupants of 119...

Those windows really could do with a coat of paint, couldn't they?
Old March 24th 09, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

AdeV wrote:

Presumably, in the play, the offending grandfather's home was bulldozed
in order to make way for a rainforest-friendly carbon-neutral lesbian
basket weaving centre?

Oh probably. The entire thing was a farce. I started off, like Brian,
thinking that the play was a satire on eco-****wits. However as it went
on it became clear that no, it was deadly serious and that any
"solution" proposed by the Monbiot hit squad was accepted without
challenge.

I think it was called "Getting to Zero" it may be on iplayer still. One
thing that had me laughing was that the family was intending to have a
holiday in Spain and the "team" suggested that they could go to Brittany
by ferry to have a "zero carbon" lifestyle.

What sort of world does Monbiot live in where a ferry is "zero carbon"?

The program seemed to gloss over how they would get to the ferry and
away from the ferry. It also featured the use of EVs with no indication
of where the energy for the EV was to come from and several pathetic
"Road to Damascus" events in the father's life as he eschewed all forms
of carbon.
I could see where Duhg gets some of his wetter ideas from. In the play
they made a great fuss about the family choosing to live in the country
with Monbiot making Duhg-like assertions about them "choosing to have a
high carbon lifestyle."