Old July 16th 09, 10:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

In message , Mike Bristow
writes
Secondly, trains have a lifetime of 20 or 30 years.

Where did you get that idea? In 68 I was working on 38 stock, which
continued for some years afterwards.
--
Clive

Old July 16th 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Mike Bristow
writes
Secondly, trains have a lifetime of 20 or 30 years.

Where did you get that idea? In 68 I was working on 38 stock, which
continued for some years afterwards.

Er? 1938 stock is still in daily use, on Island Line.

Peter

Old July 27th 09, 07:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 13 July, 10:08, "Paul Scott"

I wonder if they'll actually enter passenger service today as well?

Paul

I saw a 378 between Harrow & Wealdstone and Headstone Lane today.

I was too fast and too distant to be able to tell what it was doing,
but it's the first time I've seen one outside of Willesden depot.