Old October 22nd 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default What's happened to the PEDs?

On Monday 1 station was non-stopping in one direction on the Jubilee
line because the PEDs were defective; Tuesday there were 2 stations
and now today there was a third. What is going on?

Kevin

Old October 22nd 03, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"K" wrote in message
On Monday 1 station was non-stopping in one direction on the Jubilee
line because the PEDs were defective; Tuesday there were 2 stations
and now today there was a third. What is going on?

Everything's going wrong this week - Walthamstow Central was closed
yesterday, There was a train stuck at Oxford Circus on the Victoria this
morning, causing massive delays, and the influx of refugees from the
Northern Line meant that getting into town from the North East has been
dreadful. As I was going to the central I changed at Finsbury Park, but the
Picadilly was as slow as the Victoria.

Old October 22nd 03, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"K" wrote in message
On Monday 1 station was non-stopping in one direction on the Jubilee
line because the PEDs were defective; Tuesday there were 2 stations
and now today there was a third. What is going on?

Kevin

I belive the problemt to be that a flaw exists, whereby trains can drive off
with the PED's still open (LUL rules say that if PEDs are fitted, they must
be closed when a train is not in station) and also, they have failed to open
when a train arrives.
As you can imagine, these can cause a few helth problems for passengers, and
so it is easier to pass these stations while they try to fix this.

eRk

Old October 22nd 03, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
and the influx of refugees from the Northern Line

Crikey! I thought they only came in via the Channel Tunnel.

Old October 22nd 03, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

"K" wrote in message
On Monday 1 station was non-stopping in one direction on the Jubilee
line because the PEDs were defective; Tuesday there were 2 stations
and now today there was a third. What is going on?

Everything's going wrong this week - Walthamstow Central was closed
yesterday, There was a train stuck at Oxford Circus on the Victoria this
morning, causing massive delays, and the influx of refugees from the
Northern Line meant that getting into town from the North East has been
dreadful. As I was going to the central I changed at Finsbury Park, but the
Picadilly was as slow as the Victoria.

Indeed it was - the Victoria line driver made announcements to say what
was happening (whilst not doing them so often as to be annoying); on the
other hand, the Picc driver said nothing, even after stopping in a
tunnel for 2 minutes for the fifteeth time in 6 stops.

Old October 22nd 03, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Newt" wrote in message
Paul Weaver wrote:

"K" wrote in message
[...]

Hats off to the Victoria Line driver this morning. I got stuck just outside
KX when the "Juice" was turned off. Lights dimmed etc, driver came on,
stated what was going on and said "Juice is off, no tea in the teapot, we'll
be here for a while"

From when I got on at Walthamstow Central to Euston he was informative and
slightly humourous.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hats off to the Victoria Line driver this morning. I got stuck just
outside
KX when the "Juice" was turned off. Lights dimmed etc, driver came on,

What time was that?

Indeed, the driver on the Victoria line train I got at arround 9:20 was very
helpful - although if I'd known the line was running *that* slowly I'd have
waited for the (delayed) WAGN to Liverpool Street.

Changed at Finsbury Park thinking that
1) Wouldn't have the stops
2) Go straight to Holburn

But the driver only made one announcement that I could hear - and even that
was barely - about overcrowding at KX.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I belive the problemt to be that a flaw exists, whereby trains can drive
off
with the PED's still open (LUL rules say that if PEDs

What's a PED?

Old October 22nd 03, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:09:20 +0100, "Darren Wiltshire"
wrote:

As you can imagine, these can cause a few helth problems for passengers, and
so it is easier to pass these stations while they try to fix this.

But 3 in one week? That sounds too much of a coincidence