Old August 6th 09, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On 6 Aug, 18:54, Arthur Figgis wrote:
MIG wrote:
On 5 Aug, 23:04, Arthur Figgis wrote:
MIG wrote:
bonuses that disguise their true salaries and all the other benefits
of being the right sort of chap.
The wrong sort of chaps have nothing but the unions, for which they
have to pay membership fees, and which usually fail anyway, because
their leaders are bought off by the right sort of chaps.
It seems to me that the objection isn't to people looking after their
own interests, but to the concept of the wrong sort of chaps being in
a position to do so.
What are the wrong and right sort of chaps in your book?

I've never been interested in making such judgements, but I am aware
that they are made.

But by whom, and on what basis do they make their decisions?

By James Wilkins of 49 Frobisher Place, Derby, on the basis of height.

(Don't really know what answer you are hoping for.)

Old August 6th 09, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
bonuses that disguise their true salaries and all the other benefits
of being the right sort of chap.
The wrong sort of chaps have nothing but the unions, for which they
have to pay membership fees, and which usually fail anyway, because
their leaders are bought off by the right sort of chaps.
It seems to me that the objection isn't to people looking after their
own interests, but to the concept of the wrong sort of chaps being in
a position to do so.
What are the wrong and right sort of chaps in your book?
I've never been interested in making such judgements, but I am aware
that they are made.

But by whom, and on what basis do they make their decisions?

By James Wilkins of 49 Frobisher Place, Derby, on the basis of height.

(Don't really know what answer you are hoping for.)

Simply an answer which explains how the wrong and right sort of chaps
are identified!

I suppose height would work - after all, aren't Swiss banks run by
gnomes? But then the railways are advertising with gnomes...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old August 6th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:07:47 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

I suppose height would work - after all, aren't Swiss banks run by
gnomes? But then the railways are advertising with gnomes...

So where would meerkats fit in the pecking order?

(yes, I know meerkats don't peck!)

Old August 7th 09, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I suppose height would work - after all, aren't Swiss banks run by
gnomes? But then the railways are advertising with gnomes...

So where would meerkats fit in the pecking order?

(yes, I know meerkats don't peck!)

But how much pecking would a meerkat pack peck if a meerkat pack could peck?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old August 7th 09, 07:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message

But how much pecking would a meerkat pack peck if a meerkat pack could
peck?

Simples!

Ian

Old August 7th 09, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I suppose height would work - after all, aren't Swiss banks run by
gnomes? But then the railways are advertising with gnomes...

So where would meerkats fit in the pecking order?

(yes, I know meerkats don't peck!)

But how much pecking would a meerkat pack peck if a meerkat pack could peck?

Well there's the conundrum. ;-)

Old August 11th 09, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
wrote in message

I dont't need to invent nonsense regarding Bob Crowe - his own idiocy
is more than enough for me.

Bob Crow may be odious, but he's certainly not an idiot. He's well paid,
probably popular with his members (for whom he delivers increased wages
and holidays on fine days when there's good sport on the telly) and is
possibly the best known trade unionist in Britain. I suppose he's the
communist equivalent of Michael O'Leary, who is also very successful in
what he sets out to do.

For ****s sake, or is that for ****'s sake, he gets wage increases for his
members. A brain dead monkey could get wage increases for union members that
have the travelling public by the balls.
Did you see him making a half hearted attempt at standing up for the
redundent wind turbine workers in the IOW.

Kevin