Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve
Forum: London Transport December 5th 07, 05:44 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Steve
New London Stations....

Shepherds Bush won't be opening any time soon. Seems the platforms are too
narrow to allow for all the shoppers in the Westfield centre and therefore
looks like it might have to be demolished and...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 07, 07:09 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve
directions, Covent Garden

Forum: London Transport September 10th 07, 06:37 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve
directions, Covent Garden

From Long Acre, head east to junction of Bow Stre (mini...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 07, 10:52 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve
directions, Covent Garden

From Long Acre, head east to junction of Bow Stre (mini roundabout) turn
right into Bow St. Carry on past Opera House and Tranpsort Museum and do
left into Tavistock St. Cross Catherine Street and...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 06, 04:43 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve
Arrrrrrrrgh

"asdf" wrote in message

Of course, there will be major...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 06, 01:59 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Steve
Arrrrrrrrgh

Of course, there will be major problems when the next 7/7 type emergency
happens and a station has to be evacuated. Normally in such cases the gates
are all opened to ease egress, but how many PAYG...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 06, 12:40 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve
Suggestion for easing Oxford Street traffic nightmare.

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

So, if there are no bus stops, how do you know where to wait for...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 06, 12:39 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve
Suggestion for easing Oxford Street traffic nightmare.

"asdf" wrote in message

All bus stops removed.
When buses enter...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 06, 09:14 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve
Suggestion for easing Oxford Street traffic nightmare.

Haveing jsut spent the best part of a Saturday (I know I shouldn't but
need's must) doing Oxford Street and witnessing the nightmare of buses and
traffic I have a posssible solution.

Firstly,...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 06, 01:24 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Steve
Colossal temperatures on bus

A news reports earlier in the week reminded me of the competition a yer or
so back for ideas on cooling the tube. If they cant keep a bus above ground
cool then they will have no chacne to getting...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 06, 09:04 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Steve
CONGESTION CHARGE

Why would these CC people be placing fines on the cars. How do they know
that the owner of the car
isn't going to pay before 10pm as they are allowed to do?

"James" ...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 06, 07:04 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Steve
CONGESTION CHARGE

Ok, I stand corrected, either it's been changed or I have been wrongly
informed by TFL on at least 10 occasions since the charge was introduced.
However, that now implies that as well as the...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 06, 05:18 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Steve
CONGESTION CHARGE

Can I correct you on the "Even if just parked" comment.
That is actually quite misleading and something TFL have never properly
corrected. Sure, if you come into the zone and park then you would...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 06, 04:31 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Steve
London Tube Anagram Map

Putney Bridge appears as Puberty Design, where did that 'S' come from, or
has there been another bridge added?

Forum: London Transport November 9th 05, 07:47 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve
TfL's latest scam - charging twice for a bus journey

This has happend to me twice this week and 4 times to a friend within the
last 6 days.
When paying by PAYG Oyster Card on a bus, the bus then terminates it's
journey short of the short of the stop...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 04, 07:10 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve
A big Thank You to Ken Livingstone

I would like to congratulate Ken on bringing in Oystercard Prepay, not only
do I get my bus journeys to work for only 70p
a time, but I also get about one 1 in 3 as free journeys due to the reader...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 04, 06:59 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve
Traffic Calming in Islington

I would assume that it is the voters who control the council!!

Does anyone know who...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 04, 08:57 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve
Strange Tube map

read the text under and it says that it's the Paific ocean and goes on to
explain what the map is.
if you fold in concertina like and view from an angle yopu get an almost
correct map, different from...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 04, 11:31 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Steve
Old tube map

THis page has a load of old maps on it and a bit of histiry
http://clives.members.easyspace.com/tube/tube.html

"CharlesPottins" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 03, 06:55 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve
Fuel cell bus?

the fact that you seen it has answered your question, it's already out. 3 in
fact now on trial, 15 drivers
have each had special traingin to drive the £800,000 buses. Expect more
soon.

"Fossil"...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Forum Jump