Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Solar Penguin
Forum: London Transport September 30th 05, 02:41 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Solar Penguin
A different ELLX question

--- Michael Hopkins said...

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message

Isn't the only real answer anyone can give: "it remains...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 05, 02:38 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Solar Penguin
London Bridge Masterplan (was: A different ELLX question)

--- Bob Robinson said...

IIRC The renewed public
inquiry was to be formally opened on 6th September 2005 and is
expected to last for about two months.IIUC a key contribution to the
cost of...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 05, 11:18 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By Solar Penguin
A different ELLX question

Hey, guys...

This thread started because Larry (the original poster) asked how the
ELLX trains were going to affect existing suburban services on the
southern section. He asked specifically about...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 05, 09:50 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By Solar Penguin
A different ELLX question

--- Larry Lard said...

The southern part of the East London Line extension is projected to
have 4 trains per hour each way between New Cross Gate and Crystal
Palace, and also between New Cross...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 04, 09:05 AM
Replies: 102
Posted By Solar Penguin
TfL Vision of the Future map

"John Rowland" wrote...

The omissions are more interesting.

Park Royal interchange

I thought plans were well advanced for that?

West Hampstead Met Interchange
Forum: London Transport July 8th 04, 08:31 AM
Replies: 102
Posted By Solar Penguin
TfL Vision of the Future map

"Marc Brett" wrote...

There was some talk about eliminating Kew Gardens and Richmond from
the District Line, to be replaced by Crossrail. The PDF map shows
them both in place. Does this...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 04, 07:09 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Solar Penguin
Are paper Bus Passes being abolished?

"tim" wrote...

But if you look at the title of the thread and go back to the
orignal question you see that it asks if ODBPs are only to
be issued via Oyster in future

Actually, no. It asks...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 04, 10:43 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Solar Penguin
West London Tram consultation

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/trams/initiatives/wlt/index.shtml

Interesting. Thanks for posting the link.

Random thought after reading the consultation document... To solve the
Acton High Street...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 04, 05:28 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Solar Penguin
Spot the mistakes

"JWBA68" wrote...

If it only costs £10 million, then we want five Croxley Links in the
Watford
area!

It's not fair. Why should the Watford area have all the fun? We want at
least two...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 04, 08:38 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Solar Penguin
I still don't understand TfL's Journey Planner!!!

First, thanks to everyone who explained how to use the Address option so I
don't get a bus stop at the wrong end of the road! (You'd think TfL would
make this the default option. After all, how...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 04, 09:53 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Solar Penguin
Gipsy Hill to Blackheath

"Richard J." wrote...

Solar Penguin wrote:
Here's what the TfL journey planner recommends for Gipsy Hill to
Blackheath. Wouldn't it be quicker just to take the train direct
from Gipsy...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 03:24 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Solar Penguin
Gipsy Hill to Blackheath

Here's what the TfL journey planner recommends for Gipsy Hill to Blackheath.
Wouldn't it be quicker just to take the train direct from Gipsy Hill to
London Bridge instead of all that mucking about on...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 04, 02:51 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Solar Penguin
Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

"Gareth Davis" said...

While this is easy with the fixed station
readers it is far more difficult to do with the bus ticket machines,
or the hand held terminals in use on the DLR or by the...
Forum: London Transport May 15th 04, 01:43 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Solar Penguin
Park Royal (was Croxley Link progress)

"Tom Anderson" wrote...

I know nothing about it myself, bar what i've read around here, but our Mr
Arquati has a file on it:

http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/33

Thanks. Good to see...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 06:28 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Solar Penguin
That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Jack Taylor" wrote...

Whether or not I agree with you opinion(s) I wholeheartedly defend your
right to express them.

That's assuming that they really ARE his opinions in the first place. ...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 06:22 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Solar Penguin
That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Boltar" wrote...

I don't hate LUL staff, in fact I don't even hate this guy though I
believe he's a waste of space. What I do hate is the get-away-with-it
mentality...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 08:36 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Solar Penguin
That 'sicknote' Tube driver

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote...

You are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

More likely, he's just a troll out looking for attention. Ignore him then
he'll get bored and find some other...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 08:33 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Solar Penguin
Croxley Link progress

"Dave Arquati" wrote...

Goblin interchanges are difficult because the Goblin carries so little
traffic compared to other lines (**snip**)

The NLL on the other hand is pretty busy and would...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 08:28 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Solar Penguin
Interchanges (was Croxley Link progress)

"Tom Anderson" wrote...

Of course; my gripe (which i admit is mostly just for the fun of griping)
is that many of these could have been got right when the lines were built
in the first...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 04, 08:10 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Solar Penguin
Croxley Link progress

"Tom Anderson" wrote...

I'm glad i'm not the only person who looks at maps of the network and
wonders why there are so many lines crossing without stations. LU are
doing something about the...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 04, 08:56 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Solar Penguin
Croxley Link progress

"Dave Arquati" wrote...

Plans appear to be quite detailed, with diagrams of Ascot Road and
Watford West stations, and artist's impressions of the new viaduct
connecting the two...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 04, 08:43 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Solar Penguin
"Cassio Metro" - the new group of buildings next to Watford Met

a railway station has platforms laid next to a railway a train station has
actual...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 04, 11:35 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Solar Penguin
Abandoned railway loop in Wembley

"John Rowland" wrote...

The Palace of Engineering and those little
decorative lakes behind...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 04, 01:54 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Solar Penguin
Going Down......

Going Down......
"One Shot" wrote...

Greenford

AICMFP

Damnit!!! Just beat me to it!
Forum: London Transport May 11th 04, 01:48 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Solar Penguin
Going Down......

"Geoff Marshall" wrote...
Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station on the map, where
after going through the ticket barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

Forum Jump