Old May 10th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Going Down......

I realised this morning that my journey to work from home involves
nothing but stairs going down! At Clapham North Station, which I used
this morning, there are 72 stairs, or so the station notices allege. I
then changed at Bank to the DLR, also involving two flights of stairs
going down. I got off the DLR at East India - two more flights of
stairs going down! Next time I go that way I must count them all and
see how many steps I actually go down.....

Anybody else have a journey that is either "all downstairs" or "all
upstairs" (one journey I occasionally do, between Herne Hill & Streatham
on the Thameslink is stairs up in both directions Southbound).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004

Old May 10th 04, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

I realised this morning that my journey to work from home involves
nothing but stairs going down! At Clapham North Station, which I
used this morning, there are 72 stairs, or so the station notices
allege. I then changed at Bank to the DLR, also involving two
flights of stairs going down. I got off the DLR at East India -
two more flights of stairs going down! Next time I go that way I
must count them all and see how many steps I actually go down.....

Anybody else have a journey that is either "all downstairs" or
"all upstairs" (one journey I occasionally do, between Herne Hill
& Streatham on the Thameslink is stairs up in both directions
Southbound).

District line from West Ham to Temple is all upstairs. West Ham to
Holborn is also all upstairs (cross platform change at Mile End to
central line). Those sorts of changes would make a large number of
stations possible to get to going all upstairs because if you can get
into the system going upstairs it's relatively easy to get out of it
going upstairs.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.
Old May 10th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station on the map, where
after going through the ticket barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train level!

Care to have a guess anyone?

Old May 10th 04, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" wrote the following in:

Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station on the
map, where after going through the ticket barriers, you go UP an
escaltor to get to platform/train level!

Presumably you mean up *only* because there are several where you pass
through the ticket gates and go up an escalator and then down again.

Old May 11th 04, 01:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Going Down......
"One Shot" wrote...

Greenford

AICMFP

Damnit!!! Just beat me to it!

Old May 11th 04, 02:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message v0Unc.268$Xs2.15@newsfe1-win, Geoff Marshall
writes
Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station on the map, where
after going through the ticket barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train level!

Care to have a guess anyone?

Putney Bridge? (It's upstairs, I can't remember if it has an escalator).
Old May 11th 04, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message

Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station
on the map, where after going through the ticket
barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train level!

Care to have a guess anyone?

The pre-JLE answer was Greenford, but I'm not sure if West Ham, Canning Town
or Stratford might qualify too.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old May 11th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:
The pre-JLE answer was Greenford, but I'm not sure if West Ham, Canning Town
or Stratford might qualify too.

Stratford has stairs or lift to go from the ticket barrier to the
high level station (where the central and nation rail bits are); it also
has escalaror up to either side of the bridge over the NLL (with
stairs or a lift also provided).

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.