Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Fairthorne
Forum: London Transport May 15th 05, 03:44 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By David Fairthorne
New DLR suburban possibilities

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

Does anyone have any more...
Forum: London Transport March 7th 05, 04:09 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By David Fairthorne
SWT improves punctuality to 90%

"James" wrote in message
Forum: London Transport January 25th 05, 10:51 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By David Fairthorne
Chiltern vs the Central line

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Adrian Auer-Hudson wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

Do expand on...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 04, 06:53 PM
Replies: 119
Posted By David Fairthorne
Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

It was announced on today's BBC(East) TV news that train traffic from
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 09:11 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By David Fairthorne
Putting roof-level railways underground?

It's fascinating to read this, but I haven't the historical and local
knowlege to understand it all. What were these two "deep level loops"? I
notice that the one going Waterloo junction -...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 05:34 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By David Fairthorne
Putting roof-level railways underground?

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
It is a fairly obvious feature of railways south of the river that
many run at...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 04, 09:35 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By David Fairthorne
Sink estates (was London's traffic problems solved)

Thanks for your explanations of "sink estates".

When I asked about rental council housing (about 1970) I was told that there
was a 25 year waiting list and I must already live in the area. So it...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 04, 02:02 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By David Fairthorne
Sink estates (was London's traffic problems solved)

Pardon my ignorance but just what is a "sink estate"?

Thanks.

"Jeremy...
Forum: London Transport August 23rd 04, 07:43 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By David Fairthorne
London's traffic problems solved

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Well, if you believe this site:
http://www.func-junc.co.uk/

Car ownership will be 100% (not sure about...
Forum: London Transport August 23rd 04, 05:57 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By David Fairthorne
Crossrail and the GWML

Forum: London Transport May 1st 04, 08:11 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By David Fairthorne
ELL in peril yet again

Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 08:25 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By David Fairthorne
ELL in peril yet again

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message
,
David Fairthorne...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 05:43 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By David Fairthorne
ELL in peril yet again

I see the East London Line has now got yet another vote of no confidence
from central government....
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 04:27 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By David Fairthorne
ELL in peril yet again

Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 10:19 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By David Fairthorne
Crossrail 3 proposal (long)

I'm getting feelings of deja vu - isn't this a rehash of North-South
CrossRail...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 10:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David Fairthorne
Timetabling Question

Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 05:17 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By David Fairthorne
PATH update (was New York's PATH meeting this Wednesday)

Forum: London Transport April 27th 04, 11:05 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By David Fairthorne
No Direct Link (was Crossrail 3 proposal (long))

This isn't Crossrail, as such, but we have often wondered why there is
no direct rail...
Forum: London Transport April 26th 04, 07:53 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By David Fairthorne
Crossrail 3 proposal (long)

Forum: London Transport April 26th 04, 04:15 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By David Fairthorne
Crossrail 3 proposal (long)

"Nitro" wrote in message
Crossrail 3

Hi all,

As an alternative to the Chelsea-Hackney Line, Mayor Ken...
Forum: London Transport April 24th 04, 10:46 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David Fairthorne
Timetabling Question

Trains should run at the same minutes past each hour in the regular
off-peak periods. But should the same "clockface" timetable continue
throughout the peak periods? The Strategic Rail Authority...
Forum: London Transport April 24th 04, 04:08 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By David Fairthorne
Crossrail 3 proposal (long)

You're proposing a multibillion pound railway and you're worried that
lengthening suburban platforms would be too expensive???

I agree with James. The plan is hopelessly unrealistic and it's...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump