Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris
Forum: London Transport June 4th 05, 02:48 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris
Faded Record Card

Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 10:16 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris
OT Bing Bong

"Darren" ] wrote in message

I remember b3ta.com did an interview with the lady who does the...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 08:16 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris
Christmas Won`t Be The Same Again!!!

Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 11:46 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
Back the Bid Trains

Has anyone seen any pictures of the Back the Bid Trains, and Has just 1
coach been covered, or is It the...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 10:32 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris
Wimbledon branch of District line - why us?

"Chris" wrote in message

I have now had a reply from customer services....

snip

My questions a
1. Why did...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 04, 06:01 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris
Next Stop information

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

"Dave Arquati"...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 04, 08:49 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris
Christmas Won`t Be The Same Again!!!

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 04, 08:46 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris
Next Stop information

Does anyone have any information or insight into when the mooted audio
"next stop" information might be...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 04, 11:17 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris
Northern line radios

Tube service disruption
The Northern Line has normal services operating in both directions.

This will affect journeys from 10:20 on 09/12/04 until further notice. This
is due to the fault with the...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 08:49 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris
Wimbledon branch of District line - why us?

Whenever there is a signal failure, etc. anywhere on the District line it
always seems to affect the Wimbledon branch more than any other.

Today there were several Ealing Broadway trains and an...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 03:46 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris
Oyster, pre-pay.

Yesterday I was unable to "touch out" my prepay Oyster due to all the
gates being out of order at a station that I was exiting from.

Kings cross sometimes has the main set of gates switched...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 12:04 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris
Tickets from Edge of Zone2

Might it be that they can't read the Oyster Card?

Presumably you offered them your record card?
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 12:00 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris
"Commuter Strike"

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4075559.stm

A few comments on quotes from their website:

"Its remarkable,...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 04, 09:33 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris
London Fares and Product Changes from 2nd January 2005 (LONG)

So basically the price for a weekend's travel has risen for everybody.
I thought the price of all travel had risen for everyone?

If there's no discount for a three day travelcard then why even...
Forum: London Transport December 6th 04, 09:00 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By Chris
Reasons for delays

So sue me.

You are duely added to my "kill file" aka Block list. It's a shame we can't
all cooperate
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 04, 09:06 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By Chris
Reasons for delays

On the tube, why are there only a finite number of reasons for delays with
very little explanation (and often different reasons at different stations)?
Does anyone have a complete list? So far...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 04, 09:39 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
"The underground is closed"

The problem was at Acton Town... not sure why your branch was so
overcrowded - perhaps they had problems moving some stock into position
for the peak services, and a service or two had been...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 04, 06:46 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris
"The underground is closed"

The tannoy said at paddington this morning, anyway. Lots of people hanging
arround outside. I went...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 06:51 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris
Oyster Query

"Barry Salter" wrote in message

I...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 06:28 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris
New Years Eve

I'm pretty sure it doesn't close at all on NYE except for certain stations
(Leicester Square, etc.)

Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 07:34 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris
Jammed doors reoppening

In article ,
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 05:18 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris
The real number of days off.

This is fairly similair to the flexitime system used by the civil service
(and other places).

I used to be paid for a 37 hour week but could work extra hours and take up
to 2 days per month off...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 11:31 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris
Jammed doors reoppening

I mailnly travel on the District, Picidily and Circle lines and notice that
when some idiot wedges their foot in the door they all reopen. I had
assumed this was universal that all the doors...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 04, 06:33 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris
Oyster card as an off-peak travelcard?

if I use my pre-pay Oyster card for a number of tube trips in one day
- will...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 04, 06:22 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Chris
Late-night Tube plan announced

What about people who've been out on Saturday, but whose trains (or ****ing
replacement coaches) arrive late back into London?

All the operators are guilty, but thinking specifically of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57

Forum Jump