Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Guy Perry
Forum: London Transport February 17th 05, 09:07 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By Guy Perry
[OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

Roland Perry wrote:

Life's like that. I take it you don't have central heating, as running
that ruins the environment too?

Good one! Yes I have heating - long distance it is at least. Yet I...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 05, 07:47 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By Guy Perry
[OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

Terry Harper wrote:

For anyone who has to drive a large vehicle, the ability to see where
the rear wheels are is an important part of reversing.

Not only for reversing. I allways wondered how...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 05, 07:36 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By Guy Perry
[OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

Stimpy wrote:
Chris Tolley wrote:

It may also be about comfort. At least if one is driving, even if one
is standing still or doing 3mph most of the way, one is guaranteed a
seat. This is...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 05, 08:24 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Guy Perry
Tube doors not opening at station

wrote:
...was a very brief "beep", but the doors didn't open. After a minute or
so (the amount of time the doors would normally be open) the...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 05, 10:10 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Guy Perry
How long does it change to swap bus drivers?

David B wrote:

Most bus passengers are a miserable bunch.

I wouldn't go that far, though...

They whine and moan about
everything and anything, particularly if there is a delay of any sort....
Forum: London Transport February 6th 05, 10:01 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Guy Perry
LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Paul Weaver wrote:

See, and then _you_ do have the prospect of increasing salary until you
retire. For the traindrivers it is these 30k...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 05, 07:25 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Guy Perry
LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Paul Weaver wrote:

If you walk into a car showroom, and see a car you like, and offer £5,000,
but the salesman says £50,000 - you don't picket outside the room until he
changes your mind, you...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 05, 07:23 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Guy Perry
LUL Drivers Work to Rule

Paul Weaver wrote:

I do a job which I was suited for after going to uni and spending 3 years
of my life running up £15,000 or debt. It pays a lot less then an
underground driver, but OTOH I...
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 05, 08:39 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Guy Perry
Never a dull moment on the Tube

Tom Anderson wrote:

I hate everything.

Now that's an attitude I quite like - Sir Winston's "no sports" :-)
Forum: London Transport January 20th 05, 07:06 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Guy Perry
Cunning escalator plan?

Simon Hewison wrote:

Adrian wrote:

Isn't that why so many people are jumping to their feet and queueing
for the door as soon as the plane hits the tarmac?

In aviation circles, this...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 05, 07:03 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Guy Perry
Never a dull moment on the Tube

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Guy Perry wrote:
So what should mankind do about it? Kill the ballet dancers?

Definitely.

I'm not homophobic, i just hate ballet.

What do you...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 05, 04:33 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Guy Perry
Never a dull moment on the Tube

Boltar wrote:

Given that ballet dancing makes needle point look like a macho hobby
(despite the best efforts of that Billy Elliot drivel) I don't know
many
guys who would and that ones that...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 05, 02:47 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Guy Perry
District Line

StaticFish wrote:

Thanks for the link. The new trains look /marginly/ better i suppose,
but will probably still have a top speed equal to that of a penny
farthing.

AFAIR Signalling issue, you...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 05, 10:35 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Guy Perry
Buses - exhaust smoke and warming up

David B wrote:

The engines in modern buses now such as the Volvo B7TL or Dennis Trident or
even the Mercedes Citaro bendibuses tend to be quite small at 7 litres, a
move away from larger...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 05, 08:55 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Guy Perry
Buses - exhaust smoke and warming up

wrote:
Apples wrote:
I quite often see (and sometimes get on)
buses which have just come from the garage that are giving off a
pretty large amount of blue smokey...
Forum: London Transport December 25th 04, 08:30 AM
Replies: 89
Posted By Guy Perry
More tube strike

Boltar wrote:

You can't follow a simple thread and you accuse me of a poor education?
You sound like 100% pure chav to me. Blaming someone else for your own
stupidity.

You're improving even...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 04:34 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By Guy Perry
More tube strike

Boltar wrote:
Guy Perry wrote:

...try door to door selling around various rough east end
council estates like I did when I was younger where you
risked getting bitten by the...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 04, 08:37 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By Guy Perry
More tube strike

Boltar wrote:

Excuse me? I never claimed to have driven one...

[rubish snipped]

As I can clearly show it did very much seem like you were claiming
exactly that. You didn't quote to well there,...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 04, 08:14 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Guy Perry
Northern line radios

Ian Ringrose wrote:
But witch is the largest risk?

a) travelling in a tube train with a failed radio system

b) having to drive to work, due to the tube train not running

You missed the...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 04, 07:11 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Guy Perry
Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Why is it an "insult"? It's not extra holidays - it's days off on
account of extra hours worked!

Well, I find it insulting as I don't get time off because of the...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 07:56 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Guy Perry
Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Greg Hennessy wrote:

In Germany's case the reason for failure is not the social policy.

Au contraire. when it costs 45 quid/hour to employ a worker at Volkswagen,
its social...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 04, 10:31 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Guy Perry
Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:22:03 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump