Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe
Forum: London Transport August 5th 05, 06:18 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Joe
Oyster & tube .. not scanning in

As a long time Travelcard user who has "converted" to Oyster, I do find
it *very* difficult to remember to touch-in at places like DLR stations.
Not helped by them hiding the points. If they...
Forum: London Transport August 4th 05, 03:52 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Joe
Oyster & tube .. not scanning in

Technically if you have enetered a station without a valid ticket or
having validated your Oyster card (as you did) you are liable to a £20
penalty fare.

On TV a while ago a Tube Revenue...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 05, 09:37 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Joe
Automatic tubes?

Both lines, of course, rely on a driver in the cab to control the
on-board systems, so they are not completely automatic.
In Paris, Line 14 of the Métro has no staff on trains or, as far as I
Forum: London Transport July 26th 05, 01:49 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe
What goes on Oyster

I currently have an Oystercard, which I used for Prepay a few weeks
back. It currently has no Travelcards or money on it. If I take it to
the tube station, will they put a Oneday Travelcard on it, or...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 12:02 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe
Mile End Passenger Incident

Nice to see Broadways interpretation of the request for more staff!!! The
volunteers didn't last long.

What do you mean by that?
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 11:11 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By Joe
"The Tube" TV Show

If you acquire a digibox, you can see it on Sky Travel.

I know, but they are episodes from the old (series 1&2) and I am
interested in when the new series starts on ITV, because I know they
did...

Forum: London Transport July 24th 05, 04:04 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Joe
"The Tube" TV Show

I know that filming was taking place a few months ago, and the last I
heard of it was that The Tube would be starting again on ITV1 London in
August. Anyone know when It's due to start?
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 07:41 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe
Mile End Passenger Incident

I'm not sure why you are "shocked" about there being no staff on
platforms at off peak times. This is the norm at almost every tube
station with the exceptions of Victoria and those stations on...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 06:18 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe
Mile End Passenger Incident

By the way, what sort of volunteer work are you doing for LU? Is this
their response to Bob Crow's demand for more staff on stations?

You might have seen the posters around the tube with bullet...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 04:37 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe
Mile End Passenger Incident

Whilst doing volunteer work for LU at Hammersmith station, the DM came
down and showed us his pager, which showed that due to an Incident with
a passenger, Armed Police had to visit the station,...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 07:38 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
Complaints prompt upgrade for station

burkey wrote:
Platform 6, Up Slow. Bushey stoppers do not normally serve the up fast
platform.

Yes, but there are also platforms on the DC lines, which is why I asked
the question.
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 05:13 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
Complaints prompt upgrade for station

He said "With regard to an additional shelter on the London bound
platform, we are investigating the options as the platform may be too
narrow to allow one for health and safety reasons. We...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 02:47 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Joe
Gerrards Cross update 5/7/05....Transport in Aylesbury

Well said, Jack. Chiltern Railways offer *excellent* value for money,
whether as a taxpayer or a farepayer.

£2.50 for a *Single* High Wycombe - Beaconsfield. Value? CH are a
bloody rip-Off.

Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 02:44 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Joe
Gerrards Cross update 5/7/05

Adrian Auer-Hudson wrote:
The diversion through Aylesbury is not an elegant solution. Wouldn't
it be great if there was an alternative?

I think it is, Aylesbury hasn't had such a good train...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 05, 09:36 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Joe
Tripcocks on 165s

Why should the speed ("considerable" or otherwise) be a matter of
concern for these arms, but not for the leading one? Unless there is
significant acceleration or deceleration, won't it be more...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 05, 02:37 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By Joe
Tripcocks on 165s

I was on a 165 formed of 3 x 2 carriage sets the other day, sat at the
front of the back 2 car unit. The driver passed the signal and by the
time my coach got to the signal, (as you'd expect) it had...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 05, 02:34 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Joe
Olympic Announcement 'Event'

A few weeks ago, I got an eMail from the London 2012 bid team saying
that a free event would be taking place on the 6th Jly to mark the
announcemnt of who would be holding the games. It said to look...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 05, 06:26 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Joe
Mornington Crescent

Anyone feel like a game of Mornington Crescent? :-p
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 02:55 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Joe
Ipswich - Basingstoke Services

[1] Something about orbital journeys, right? I bet they'll have Met-style
extra zones for it, though, the tight *******s. It'll probably be at least
a tenner to the moon.

AIUI, the reason for...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 05, 04:01 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe
New Railway Forum

I would like to invite you to join the new railways online forums, we
currently only have a few members and would like to talk to more.

Can I just say that this person is NOT me (the Railways...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 05, 06:06 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Joe
London Connections Map

St Pancras was only shown as having Thameslink services during the
blockade. |I've just checked and the pre-blockade London Connections
map (June 2004) shows St Pancras in the same manner as...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 05, 10:08 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Joe
London Connections Map

But no services shown out of St Pancras ?

Probably because (Midland Mainline) services out of St Pancras dont
stop anywhere inside the London Connections map area, the same as GNER
services from...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 05, 05:54 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Joe
London Connections Map

I also have a slightly irrational interest in old editions of said
maps. Were the old maps for sale at the LT Museum depot or did you nick
them? ;-)

The Friends of the Museum had a stall...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39

Forum Jump