Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AstraVanMan
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 05:52 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By AstraVanMan
Spiderman

Hate the ****!
Checks father-4-justice website fair do...Understand completely
Reality Check shoot him!

Daft ****s are all part of London life (spend a few hours on the tube on a
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 09:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By AstraVanMan
Is it always that bad?

Was travelling from the West End (Wardour Street) to Clacton-on-sea this
afternoon - definitely planned to use the M11/M25 option rather than crawl
up the A12 and its 20 or so sets of traffic lights,...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 03, 08:03 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By AstraVanMan
London's Lost Roman Road

An interesting read, but I'm not quite convinced about the point of
intersection. Using the 1:50,000 map of East London, the line of
Watling Street from Kent seems to just touch the bank of...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 03, 09:03 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By AstraVanMan
London's Lost Roman Road

However, it has been suggested before (so "you read it first hear" seems
a bit implausible).

Very interesting, and you may have stumbled across some interesting
evidence
of the past....
Forum: London Transport October 28th 03, 05:59 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By AstraVanMan
A13 - Beckton and Movers Lane pictures at SABRE website

http://groups.msn.com/TheSABRERoadsWebsite/a13improvementseastlondon.msnw

More to follow in due course!

What's your username on SABRE? I'm a member but haven't posted for
absolutely ages due...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 03, 09:11 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By AstraVanMan
Lambeth/Borough Road/Southwark Bridge Road

One for anyone who drove a fair bit around central london pre-congestion
charge - was the route from Lambeth Bridge, up Lambeth Road, along the
little one-way system towards St George's Circus, along...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 03, 05:19 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By AstraVanMan
Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Facts like this don't seem to matter to the person called "Huge" (?),
whose answer to everything is "car".

Hugh knows me fairly well. I see his response as the joke it is. Hope
Forum: London Transport October 19th 03, 06:11 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By AstraVanMan
Congestion charge cheat

It has to do with everyone who lives in Greater London: if the CC
makes more money less comes from the rest of us and vice versa.

Yeah, right. Wanna buy a bridge?

Now there's a good...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Replies: 430
Posted By AstraVanMan
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

How do you do your weekly shopping then? 4 people in a house can total
20
bags - wouldnt like to carry them 5 miles home. Wouldn't like to carry
them on the bus either!

Well, Tuesday...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 03, 06:17 AM
Replies: 430
Posted By AstraVanMan
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

That's not bad.
Unfortunately it would cost me and the family £80 return for the fare
to Stansted (4 hour-ish journey) plus the trouble of crossing London.

Should've used a...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 03, 05:46 AM
Replies: 430
Posted By AstraVanMan
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

But you don't have to shell out several thousand for a car, money for
road
tax, some for insurance, and more for maintenance of the car.

For long trips or holidays to - say - the lakes,...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 03, 07:54 PM
Replies: 430
Posted By AstraVanMan
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

The fare from my local station in Hampshire to London, 2 adults 4 children
is
£51.50.
How can I get to Paris for less?

Bloody hell, that's very reasonable. Is that with a Family Railcard...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 03, 07:32 PM
Replies: 430
Posted By AstraVanMan
Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

We arrived on the Sea Cat (The Vomit Comet) at Ostend and drive 13
miles to Bruges where you are directed down a tunnel some miles out
of the city. After driving some distance underground, you...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 03, 10:08 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By AstraVanMan
M4/A4 Chiswick some time last week

I forget exactly what day it was, but in the afternoon rush hour there was
massive jams on the M4 heading into London, which I got stuck in. Somewhere
between J3 and J2 I heard on the traffic news...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 03, 12:19 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By AstraVanMan
Stratford Eurostar station.

In addition to all the tube (and DLR) links mentioned, an
international
station at Stratford means that Eurostar passengers to/from many parts
of Essex and East Anglia do not have...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 03, 06:47 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By AstraVanMan
Stratford Eurostar station.

In addition to all the tube (and DLR) links mentioned, an international
station at Stratford means that Eurostar passengers to/from many parts
of Essex and East Anglia do not have to go to...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 05:30 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

But when I went that way the other day I wanted to turn right onto
Westbridge Road (the road that leads up to the heliport) but it's a
banned right turn - does anyone know if it's...

Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 12:22 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

actually you wouldn't want to stay on the A10 until Seven Sisters.

You would either take the A1055 until Tottenham Hale then join the
A503 there.

If I was to do the same journey again that's...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 08:38 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

I could well have been better off going over Battersea Bridge and
possibly
even coming back over Wandsworth Bridge, or just through Wandsworth,
which
is normally busy, but never at a...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 07:54 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

In article ,
AstraVanMan...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 07:45 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

nmtop40 wrote:
My immediate instinct is to go down the A10 until Seven Sisters, then
the A503 through Camden, towards and around Regents Park into Baker
Street, right into...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 03, 09:59 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

It can be pretty dire. Avoid all day Saturday as the tailbacks going
into
Leytonstone often block the roundabout.

I went from Balham to Enfield to pick up some secondhand doors for the...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 03, 06:03 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

at Enfield Lock station, and down the A1055
(Mollison Avenue / Meridian Way) to the North Circular,
which wasn't too bad. Then around the North Circular to
the A13,

Forum: London Transport September 12th 03, 07:23 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By AstraVanMan
Enfield to Putney - which route?

Just thought I'd chuck this in the London group as well.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of driving from Enfield to Putney in the rush
hour (leaving NE Enfield - near Freezy Water, at 5:35pm).

Showing results 1 to 25 of 41

Forum Jump