Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 01:39 PM
Replies: 31
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

asdf wrote:

Incidentally, it was mentioned in uk.railway the other day that TfL
plan to restore the Bakerloo service to Watford Junction in 2010.

When was the Bakerloo service to Watford J...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 01:36 PM
Replies: 31
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

Well, the walk was an easy one. The stations on the line (esp Watford High
Street) look pretty dismal though.

Indeed. I've often paid extra to goto Watford J instead (and walked back to
town) in...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 10:56 AM
Replies: 18
Trafalgar Square and Strand Stations

Dave Arquati wrote:

I'm not sure... calling one "Trafalgar Square" when the other isn't
(i.e. as it was pre-Jubilee) might result in a Covent Garden scenario
where tourists want to go to...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 10:51 AM
Replies: 8
Piccadilly tonight - odd message

John Rowland wrote:

Didn't you used to be Zefram Cochrane?

I still am. I am also Alginon Hugh Fotheringay-Fotheringay-Hulme.

Richard [in PE12]
Forum: London Transport December 4th 05, 01:39 PM
Replies: 33
Seven Sisters This Morning

David Boothroyd wrote:

No it wasn't. It was a speculation by the LUL controllers as to what
could have happened to cause several different simultaneous incidents.

Why do they need to speculate...
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 05, 05:40 PM
Replies: 8
Piccadilly tonight - odd message

Clive wrote:
In message
, Endymion
Ponsonby-Withermoor III writes
I wish I had a name like that. But I'll never...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 05, 05:20 PM
Replies: 7
Watford Jnct - Euston on Virgin rather than Silverlink

Paul Scott wrote:

The fact that your tickets are not marked for a specific TOC is irrelevant.
According to the published timetable, (part of the conditions of carriage),
VWC do not provide a...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 05, 05:15 PM
Replies: 31
Met line - Watford - Saturday?

marcb wrote:
Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes it does. There's nothing restricted about its times of operations
(like, say, Shoreditch,...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 05, 10:19 PM
Replies: 7
Watford Jnct - Euston on Virgin rather than Silverlink

wrote:
Hi!

Newbie question, if I buy a season ticket or even a day return from
Watford Junction to Euston and a Virgin train comes along can I use
that to get to...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 05, 10:17 PM
Replies: 18
Trafalgar Square and Strand Stations

Now that the Jubilee Line no longer serves the complex
that was Charing Cross, the two remaining lines are
so far apart that interchange between them is too long.
Is there any truth that they are...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 08:14 PM
Replies: 8
Piccadilly tonight - odd message

David Howdon wrote:
There were delays on the Piccadilly line tonight but I found the station
announcement at Acton Town most odd. Here is what it said (almost an
exact quote)

"Due to a...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 11:11 AM
Replies: 57
NIP: Tower Bridge question

There is at least one *19* sign in the god-forsaken ****-hole of
Cambourne just off the A428. It looks just like a proper speed limit

Any chance of putting this on your www site ?

Richard...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 11:10 AM
Replies: 21
'One under'

Brimstone wrote:

You appear to be under the misapprehension that someone who does such a
thing is full control of themselves. Perhaps you might like to give that a
few minutes thought,...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 11:02 AM
Replies: 25
Unsigned Roads (30mph limit)

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

There are countdown signs on the approaches to some villages near where
I live: the usual diagonal stripes with a speed limit sign above, except
that the red ring...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 05, 07:55 PM
Replies: 25
Unsigned Roads (30mph limit)

Following from the Tower Bridge thread, can anybody explain to me the
logic that "unsigned roads are subject to a 30mph limit" ?

I sort of remember this from when I took my driving test some...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 05, 11:43 AM
Replies: 17
Good Luck, Paul Corfield

[Picking a post at random]

I missed the start of this thread. What's Mr. Corfield done ?
Got a job in some part of the TfL hierarchy ?

Richard [in PE12]
Forum: London Transport November 27th 05, 11:42 AM
Replies: 21
Haemodynamic semantic pedantics was 'One under'

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Medically, 'shock' is usually an intensive care type problem; fainting
or hyperventilating after seeing some dreadful event is not.

Thank you for the explanation....
Forum: London Transport November 26th 05, 10:26 AM
Replies: 46
No staff on gatelines (again)

wrote:

removed theirs. If that is the case then LUL should say so.
Alternatively if you should not insert your ticket until the previous
ticket is removed then the mechanism...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 05, 10:21 AM
Replies: 46
No staff on gatelines (again)

David of Broadway wrote:
Both my work schedule and the subway routes have changed since then
(late 2003). Also, I've taken to driving between the subway and work
..
Wow. That's a long...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 05, 03:42 PM
Replies: 46
No staff on gatelines (again)

David of Broadway wrote:
is only open rush hours, when an S/A is on duty. At other times I
have to walk an extra block on the street to the full-time entrance,
even though I have no use for...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 05, 03:37 PM
Replies: 8
Notting Hill Wall

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
I have just seen an old documentary that showed that all is not what it
seems in Notting Hill. Apparently some of the houses above the
District&Circle...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 05, 03:32 PM
Replies: 46
No staff on gatelines (again)

T.S. Cordiner wrote:

So my question is, is the MTA putting its passengers in danger, or are
the gates of the NYC system very different from London's (they appear
more dangerous to me, but...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 05, 10:50 AM
Replies: 46
No staff on gatelines (again)

Which of the following would get me in the least trouble if I got stuck
in the station due to this (and my paper ticket not working)...

b) Pushing the emergency open button

I'd go for this...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump