Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ernst S Blofeld
Forum: London Transport May 20th 08, 11:36 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Bus hits tree

Adrian wrote:
The pic shows that the roof pillars have bent, and the main roof itself
is damaged. The bars are just to push smaller branches out the way - they
won't protect against a trunk...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 08, 12:42 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Oysters on overground ...

MIG wrote:
I was referring to a headline which happened to be all in capitals,
not the story in the link.

Might have been handy to point that out from the outset! As it happens,
the story as...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 08, 11:16 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Oysters on overground ...

Paul Scott wrote:
Yet again a London paper uses the term 'overground' confusingly, as the
'Overground' has been Oyster enabled since November.

Moreover, Overground didn't exist as such before...
Forum: London Transport May 8th 08, 10:58 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
What line was this...

Boltar wrote:
On May 8, 9:45 am, chunky munky wrote:
Sounds like the spur to the Guinness brewery

Has it closed or does it all go by road...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 08, 05:09 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
If Boris does win as now expected

Paul Scott wrote:
....what might be the effect on TfL's ability to press on with all the major
projects, given that Ken seems so much of a motivator?

Unlike most others in this thread, I'm...
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 08, 09:56 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Bakerloo Line 21st April 2008

Chris wrote:
I think it was the on-train announcements that were particularly
missed?

The only thing missed was the intended sarcasm ;-)

ESB
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 08, 01:43 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Bakerloo Line 21st April 2008

Patrick Osborne wrote:
After waiting FIFTEEN minutes with no announcements, a train finally
turned up. This then crawled to Piccadilly Circus, waited there
another ten minutes, crawled to...
Forum: London Transport April 13th 08, 01:29 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Bus Information Signs

Mizter T wrote:
Yeah, you're right, you might as well just give up, there's no point
in trying to make anything better whatsoever. In fact they might as
well give up on running buses, anyone...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 08, 01:15 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Bus Information Signs

MarkVarley - MVP wrote:
I have no idea what they're called, the LED signs in some bus stops
that tell you how long the busses are supposed to be, my question is,
how do they work? how do they...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 08, 10:58 AM
Replies: 99
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
London Buses - Why do I bother?

Boltar wrote:
You should have taken the bus number and reported him to the police.
He was risking everyone on the bus and anyone in the nearby vicinity.

Quite. Had he not stopped and had I not...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 08, 09:25 AM
Replies: 99
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
London Buses - Why do I bother?

Railist wrote:
I swear that the drivers of this bus, and the 133,
are on a permanent 'go slow'.

Thanks for the reminder. I was on a half-full bus the other day which
was driving slowly down an...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 08, 11:36 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
DLR Suspension/Derailment

MIG wrote:
Not the best provision of information really.

There was someone under a train at Turnpike Lane this evening. The east
bound Piccadilly was suspended for a while as a result. While the...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 08, 11:04 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
If you could ask Boris,Ken, Brian and Sian a question what wouldit be?

Mwmbwls wrote:
- what question would you like to pose to all mayoral candidates?

Is it too late to move the 2012 Olympics to Paris?

ESB
Forum: London Transport March 16th 08, 02:08 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Are emails still being sent for auto top-up?

Tim Woodall wrote:
I've just found them (except for the most recent which I assume hasn't
been delivered yet). I've got a .procmail recipe that filters out
anything with a .gif attachment....
Forum: London Transport March 15th 08, 04:49 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Ticket Barrier Jumping

MarkVarley - MVP wrote:
I was waiting to meet someone at angel station the other day and
someone on their way out quite obviously and blatantly jumped over the
barrier and walked on his way,...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 08, 11:55 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Goods And Coal Depot, E16

John Rowland wrote:
Verbena Close, E16, has a gantry over its entrance which reads "Goods And
Coal Depot". I think the site originally covered the area now occupied by
Verbena Close as well...
Forum: London Transport February 29th 08, 10:58 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Mayoral Manifesto from London Travel Watch

Michael Hoffman wrote:
What do trolleybuses get you?

A severe attack of nostalgia?

ESB
Forum: London Transport February 25th 08, 02:32 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Wood Green one-way-system plan

John Rowland wrote:
The one-way system is active now. I was right - it has made it a lot easier
to use these roads. I'm wondering if the scheme has been designed and paid
for by Enfield...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 08, 03:34 AM
Replies: 118
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

somersetchris wrote:
But is that an excuse for violence? I believe that there is never an
excuse for violence.

You clearly haven't seen it in the highly compelling 'dossier' format.

ESB
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 08, 03:31 AM
Replies: 118
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
[OT] BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

Offramp wrote:
The picture at the site looks like a man, and the police are looking
for a man, so why the political correctness? Why not say, "his arrest"?

I understand your point. I would...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 08, 12:16 AM
Replies: 118
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
[OT] BTP seeking Tube photographer attacker

Offramp wrote:
Why "their" arrest? How many people were there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

ESB
Forum: London Transport February 13th 08, 12:26 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Tube delay refunds

MaxB wrote:
The case reported on the BBC about false tube delay refunds

says the offender had made 2000 claims. One wonders how many...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 07, 12:20 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Heathrow pods

Boltar wrote:
Heard on the new tonight about some "personal transit" at heathrow -
self guided "pods". Not much detail online , the just usual the-future-
is-now guff with journalists still...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 07, 05:41 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
Wood Green one-way-system plan

John Rowland wrote:
http://www.haringey.gov.uk/one-way_plans_to_rattle_rat-runners.htm

Since the major difficulty in using these roads as a rat-run is the
traffic coming in the other...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 07, 11:34 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Ernst S Blofeld
I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram pushersmay not

Steve Dulieu wrote:
I believe that the correct term for such vehicles is "Pavement Panzer"...

Excellent! Duly noted, thanks.

ESB
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75

Forum Jump