Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Harry G
Forum: London Transport June 6th 07, 05:04 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Harry G
Stratford - new DLR platforms

First of the new platforms will open Monday 18 June, with the other to
follow in the Autumn.

http://developments.dlr.co.uk/enhancements/stratford/whatnext.asp

Regards
Forum: London Transport May 21st 07, 07:57 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Harry G
1960 stock and Epping - Ongar

On 17 May, 08:34, Bill Hayles wrote:

What I don't know (maybe you can help) is whether the 1960 stock ever
made it to Ongar.

It certainly did! When an all-day service...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 07, 07:10 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Harry G
Oyster Journey History - can anyone explain this?

On 13 Feb, 19:32, Paul Corfield wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 03:39:19 -0800, "sweek"

Haha, he didn't get it at all, but in the end he just...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 07, 12:48 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Harry G
Pudding Mill Lane

On 6 Feb, 00:44, "MIG" wrote:

On 4 Feb, 20:00, Dave A wrote: I made use of...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 07, 11:43 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Harry G
Victoria Line Tunnels at Kings Cross

I was standing half way along the southbound Victoria Line platform at
Kings Cross, when I happened to look up through the vents in...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 07, 11:38 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Harry G
Pudding Mill Lane

On 4 Feb, 20:00, Dave A wrote:
I made use of Pudding Mill Lane DLR station for the first time on
Saturday - an interesting experience. Surprisingly, it's not DLR's
least-used...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 07, 11:28 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Harry G
Angel - Southbound

I'm probably going to get this completely wrong but the 1938 stock...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 07, 08:31 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By Harry G
Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

David of Broadway wrote:
Harry G wrote:

I'm a Londoner and have no problem using buses here - but if I'm in a
strange city I'll take the metro or a tram by preference. Something
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 09:47 AM
Replies: 99
Posted By Harry G
Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

Dave Hillam wrote:
IME more visitors to London appear to have a mortal fear of getting on
a London bus. The main reasons I've been able to establish are a)
perceived as being far too slow and...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 07, 04:09 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By Harry G
Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

Jon wrote:

A few years ago there was a circulat bus route linking all the main
London stations, using low-floor vehicles with loading ramps. It was
indeed slow. The idea was to serve...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 07, 01:08 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Harry G
Victoria line Terminal stations

Steve M wrote:

There are two sidings at Victoria and one at King's Cross. It's not
uncommon for trains to terminate at the former and reverse, and I think
(although I'd have to check the WTT)...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 06, 11:54 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Harry G
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

Barry Salter wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
"There are over 330 rail stations within the Travelcard zones, and at
present each of 97,300 different station-to-station combinations has
its...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 06, 12:33 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By Harry G
DLR to Charing Cross

Boltar wrote:
I still don't really understand why they didn't keep CX open for peak
hour
or occasional trains so instead of reversing at green park the train
and
passengers just continue to...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 06, 07:33 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Harry G
Heathrow T4 tube station open again

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Harry
G writes

AIUI there is a short enlargement (approx 30ft length) of...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 06, 08:25 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Harry G
Heathrow T4 tube station open again

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article , Peter
Frimberley writes
If I recall correctly, the T4 loop does include a...

Forum: London Transport September 8th 06, 08:36 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Harry G
Walthamstow Central - bus station to tube subway

I had a quick look at a notice at Walthamstow Central last week, which
stated that the tube station ticket office would be closed from Monday
11 September for x months. Seems the final stage of...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Forum Jump