Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard
Forum: London Transport September 10th 04, 05:42 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Richard
Blockade of cross London Thameslink services from Saturday 11th September 2004 until 2005

Forum: London Transport April 21st 04, 11:24 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard
Wrong kind of pressure

Has anyone got to the bottom of this weird story? Apparently it was on
Channel 4 News last...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 04, 10:11 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Richard
Fatality at Balham?

Not a particularly good example. There are numerous examples of fatal
crashes in which the...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 04, 02:12 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Richard
Fatality at Balham?

: Not a particularly good example. There are numerous examples of fatal
: crashes in which the evidence is dragged off the road within hours -
: basically as soon as the ambulances are...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 04, 11:46 AM
Replies: 81
Posted By Richard
Fatality at Balham?

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
If a body was found in suspicious circumstances at 1am on the M8, do
you think the police...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 04, 08:57 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Richard
Fatality at Balham?

"Jeff McGhie" wrote in message
So why then when a road accident occurs they clear things up much
quicker?

They aren't....
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 04, 12:24 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Richard
Kings Cross fire (1987) : final victim named

but not always, left by groups of young people). Smoking in the carriages
is
also fairly common. Nothing can stop this sort of deliquency except
reasonably regular patrols by staff.

Even that...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 03, 01:12 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard
GNER last night (sunday)

Perhaps someone in the know could answer this - given a blockage between
Doncaster and York why couldn't GNER simply route trains around the
problem
by going Doncaster-Leeds-York and vice...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 03, 12:14 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By Richard
BBC's UK's Worst

Absolutely. When the royals built Windsor Castle it was their own fault
they didn't take the airport into account.

As the American tourists say, it's so convenient they built Windsor Castle
next...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 03, 01:26 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Richard
BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

BBC reports that the Greenwich standby generator is "designed to power
safety lights in trains and stations".

The Times said something similar this morning. It seems we may...
Forum: London Transport August 21st 03, 12:50 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
(OT) Tony Martin

Again with no evidence but plenty of insults, not least to the 30000
families this year newly having to deal with bereavement or a life
caring
for a seriously injured relative, being...
Forum: London Transport August 21st 03, 10:17 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
(OT) Tony Martin

I just *knew* you'd manage to get round to raving on about speeding
again somewhere in that message.

Any valid point you might have once made about speeding related deaths
has long been...
Forum: London Transport August 21st 03, 09:26 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
(OT) Tony Martin

Proper justice includes the extraction of fair vengeance from the
wrongdoer. Those who commit crime for gain should have fewer rights
than those who don't, or who only do so to protect...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 03, 03:02 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
(OT) Tony Martin

Personally my sympathies lie entirely with Mr Martin. As I understand
it he fired downwards intending to injure one burglar in the legs, with
no knowledge that the other was crouching there. ...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 03, 10:02 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
Flash Mobbing

With all this Flash Mobbing going on a crazy idea sprung into my head.
Since
there has been instances of Photographers turned away from Stations such
as
Kings Cross and the like why...
Forum: London Transport August 14th 03, 12:49 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard
Ways to Reduce Vandalism

Segregating 153s could be tricky :-) You would also need some way of
enforcing the rule. Would people be willing to sit in the luggage
racks on packed-to-the-roof trains, when there was...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 03, 03:36 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

Yet you chose to enter the road to be an arrogant jerk.

No, he did exactly what the highway code expects you to do.

Have you ever tried crossing a busy junction?

Given that a lot of drivers...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 03, 02:46 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

Round here the council decided that the best way to reduce traffic
round the city center was to constrict ring road to reduce the number
of lanes. It was a disaster the result was that buses...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 12:27 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

So you have never *ever* drifted even .001 mph over the posted limit?

Why do you find it so hard to believe that someone could spend their
driving career remaining within the law? Were I to...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 10:36 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

Yes, because anyone stupid enough to wander out into the road without
taking full cognisance of approaching traffic - 'right of way' or
not - deserves to die for the good of the gene...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 10:21 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

But is he wrong in what he says and if not why do the ******* try
to drag
everyone else down to their level?

Thanks mate, glad someone can look beyond my character, arrogant,
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 10:14 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

Unlike now when a juggernaught driver can "lose it" and run into a shop
front squashing a pavement full of women and children on the way.

I believe that lorries can kill men too. But...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 03, 10:12 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

Unlike now when a juggernaught driver can "lose it" and run into a shop
front squashing a pavement full of women and children on the way.

Which is why motorways don't have any...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 11:05 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

The only response was, (and I knew it), going to see me crucified.

You anticipated the hazard, and carried on anyway.

Would they tolerate that during an ADT? :oÞ~

;o)
Forum: London Transport July 16th 03, 10:07 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Richard
the quest for safety

But is he wrong in what he says and if not why do the ******* try to drag
everyone else down to their level?

Thanks mate, glad someone can look beyond my character, arrogant, conceited
or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

Forum Jump