Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: cyril sneer
Forum: London Transport December 21st 07, 04:45 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By cyril sneer
Bloody gatelines

On Dec 21, 12:10 pm, wrote:
Is anyone else fed up with the number of gates that don't take paper
tickets? Why can't they either bloody well mend them or least put tape
over...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 07, 08:15 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By cyril sneer
LU delay compensation

Thing I don't get is what did they need so many for? You can't cash
them in (unless theres some black market for them) so unless they...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 07, 03:07 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By cyril sneer
New "small" LUL ticket machines

As an additional, the cynic in me sees an obvious ploy to make the
machines easier to maintain (requiring no floating whatsoever), and
thus moving a step closer to requiring less staff.

It'll be a...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 07, 03:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By cyril sneer
New "small" LUL ticket machines

On Dec 11, 8:28 pm, (Neil Williams)
I note that these are exact change only, and as such are yet another
downgrade for those not familiar with the system or...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 07, 04:56 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By cyril sneer
Oystercard Peak Times

On Sep 29, 9:56 pm, wrote:
Does the Oyster peak time charge depend on entry time, exit time, or
if any part of the journey is between 0700-1900 M-F?

For example: am I...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 07, 04:43 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By cyril sneer
Capping changes on the Met's extremities

On Oct 14, 3:49 pm, Mizter T wrote:
One would hope that any clocks visible to
passengers (or, indeed, staff) at these stations are accurate!

I wouldn't count on it myself......
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 07, 09:10 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By cyril sneer
Oystercard Peak Times

Forum: London Transport July 13th 07, 06:43 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By cyril sneer
Proposed ticket office closures on the tube

I looked back a couple of weeks and didn't see a thread about this, so
thought I'd start one. LUL are planning to cut ticket office opening
hours (again), suggesting that its because more people are...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 07, 09:16 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By cyril sneer
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

I'm sure someone will come along with a better answer, but have you
tried writing to TfL to ask them? Even quote the freedom of
information act... if its relevant to this, don't ask me i just...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 07, 08:31 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By cyril sneer
Most scenic route on the tube?

Back on topic, the north end of the Met is certainly a nice ride, but
then I'm biased as thats my stomping ground! The run from Moor Park
toward South Junction (where the line splits to Croxley and...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 07, 08:07 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By cyril sneer
Boys killed by Underground train in Barking

Me too, its a fear we all have of having to deal with something like
this, whoever the victim happens to be, and whether or not they were
supposed to be there.

Unfortunately in this cynical day and...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 07, 07:53 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By cyril sneer
Strange TfL Travel News at midday

It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

Consider that on the Met line, trains run Amersham and Watford to...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 07, 07:45 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By cyril sneer
How come the entire system collapsed this morning?

I'm not sure about the rest of the network, we were too busy trying to
get things moving our end, but the problems at the northern end of the
Met were caused by a stalled train at Chorleywood...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 06, 09:41 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By cyril sneer
Zone changes

I've heard it mentioned about.

There's also a rumour that all stations north of Krap Room will be
changed to zone 7. We'll see if this comes to fruition - I guess this
started with the 2006 fares...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 06, 05:10 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By cyril sneer
Utter rudeness

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Mebbe that station whose name reads 'Krap Room' backwards? ;-)

lol no, the one whose name reads "htrow snam kcir" backwards actually.
Forum: London Transport December 12th 06, 01:08 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By cyril sneer
Utter rudeness

wrote:
I certainly do not condone the rudeness of the passenger concerned, but
nor would I go as far as to suggest that all T.F.L. (or whatever of the
myriad companies now...
Forum: London Transport December 11th 06, 02:55 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By cyril sneer
Utter rudeness

I was passing through a metropolitan line station this morning and saw
something that upset me at the time, and I just want to see what
everyone's take on it is. We were waiting on a train, and the...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Forum Jump