Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: London Transport February 19th 07, 09:57 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Trolleybuses for London!

KOS wrote:
If we have to have some form of electric transport Trolley Buses seem a far
more attractive, cheaper and flexible option than trams.
Why is Ken so keen on trams rather than Trolley...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 07, 02:26 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Non-terminus

On 16 Feb, 14:29, Michael Hoffman wrote:
Surely if Rob bought a return to Gatwick Airport at KXTL, they would
have sold him one that was valid.

Yes, but it wouldn't be...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 07, 01:23 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Non-terminus

Rob Hamadi wrote:
What about a ticket, eg KXTL-Gatwick-KXTL, getting off at Farringdon
on the return leg.

A ticket from Gatwick (or anywhere in the south) to London Terminals
only gets you as...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 07, 02:28 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster Journey History - can anyone explain this?

Given that programming it one way must be as easy as programming it
the other way, my question was about the justification for...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 07, 01:07 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line Tunnels at Kings Cross

I was standing half way along the southbound Victoria Line platform at
Kings Cross, when I happened to look up through the vents in...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 07, 12:19 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Train firms to roll out Oyster PAYG

On 31 Jan, 12:32, "Dubba" wrote:
"All London train operators will be responding positively to Transport
for London's proposal for Oyster pay-as-you-go," he said.

I...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 02:11 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
parking spaces at North Woolwich

On 23 Jan, 16:05, martyn dawe wrote:
I just caught a bit on the news, just why were drivers moaning about
losing spaces at North Woolwich station , when it is closed

I...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 07, 06:48 AM
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria line Terminal stations

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Surely just for local heating in the depot? we tend to forget nowadays
just how much infrastructure there was for delivering coal to domestic
and business properties...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 07, 01:51 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Work to start on DLR from Canning Town to Stratford International

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hang on, those crossovers don't do anything to help trains on the outer
pair (from the east) get onto the central pair (to the south). Unless the
northern one is a scissors...
Forum: London Transport January 18th 07, 11:48 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Dot matrix displays

Tristán White wrote:
But why? Surely in this day and age, it's all computerised?

The District Line assuredly is not...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 07, 06:27 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster Auto-Topup disappeared

Have you tried phoning the Oyster Card helpline? They were
fantastically helpful when I phoned a couple of months ago.

Forum: London Transport January 4th 07, 01:45 AM
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
The new service pattern on the Circle and H&C lines

asdf wrote:
Now add in say 6tph Hammersmith-Aldgate. This restores the frequency
on all routes to present levels, except it doubles the frequency on
the Hammersmith branch. This is, of course,...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 07, 06:53 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Crouch End to PRO Kew

On Jan 3, 2:19 pm, wrote:
We are two American academics are thinking of renting an apartment on
Albert Mansions St. in Crouch End for the summer. We will not have a
car....
Forum: London Transport December 30th 06, 04:01 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By [email protected]
Brick Lane

Tristán White wrote:
Something really should be done asap about Shepherds Bush.

I presume they've been waiting until Wood Lane station opens, and they
have to redo all the H&C maps anyway.

With...
Forum: London Transport December 28th 06, 05:58 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Thameslink 2012?

On Dec 28, 10:51 am, "Boltar" wrote:
Thats a heck of a lot of money for a bit of track remodelling and
platform extensions.

It's mostly the cost of completely rebuilding...
Forum: London Transport December 23rd 06, 10:22 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Kengestion Charge extension

On Dec 23, 12:35 am, "Conductor in Charge of.........."
which one takes me from my door to work? sorry but at 4am I want to be
able to go door to door if i can...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 06, 09:54 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Kengestion Charge extension

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Some of te people (in fact most) HAVE to drive into London and this is
merely Livingstone on one of his anti-car missions. I work shifts on
the ralway,...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Forum Jump