Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Ray
Forum: London Transport February 16th 04, 08:37 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By John Ray
Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

Robert Eves wrote:

(snip)

do you still get the itinerant noise-merchant in the carriages?

I have only experienced this on one occasion in London (it's much more
common on the Paris Metro). You...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 04, 05:13 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By John Ray
Fare Dodging Consequences

Kat wrote:

I don't know the set-up at Ealing Broadway but I think you can go from
Central to District without going through any gates..

Yes, you can.

--
John Ray, London UK.
Forum: London Transport January 7th 04, 06:01 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By John Ray
Do you live above a tube tunnel?

Terry Harper wrote:

Some long time ago, the Glass Manufacturers Federation had their offices in
Portland Place.

When in the basement, you could just about hear the Bakerloo line...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 03:02 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By John Ray
Toilets.

Terry Harper wrote:

Cue for: "It's no good standing on the seat, the bugs in here can jump six
feet", or similar.

It was crabs, rather than bugs, when I first heard it. To try to get
back on...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 03, 10:02 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By John Ray
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

Thomas Crame wrote:

The singing noise comes from a box in the six foot on the main lines
that looks like a cable termination box - I suspect it's a Tuning Unit
for TI21 jointless track...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 05:35 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By John Ray
The Singing Tracks at Turnham Green

TheOneKEA wrote:

I live in Richmond and take the District Line into Central London
about once a week. Sometimes I change trains at Turnham Green to go to
Ealing Broadway. When I am at...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 09:19 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By John Ray
Underground Line Colours on performance Page

Roger the cabin boy wrote:

Nope! they have well and truly ****ed that up!

They can't spell "Northern" either.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 03, 02:23 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John Ray
UK subway systems

Martin Underwood wrote:

Are any of the lines in central Liverpool classed as being an underground
system, or are they all just part of the National Rail system which happens
to go below...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 03, 10:40 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By John Ray
GNER/HEAT

Christine wrote:

If a buckle is likely to occur it is where there is
a weakness in the ballast formation and then both rails buckle out
with sleepers in tacked.

Did you meant to write...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 03, 09:58 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By John Ray
Credit card sized tube map...

Kieran Turner wrote:

So, for the original poster, yes, but I'd like to know if it's double-sided,
or fold-out, or just incredibly well printed.

Or, in my case, whether a free magnifying glass...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump