Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bearded[_2_]
Forum: London Transport March 5th 11, 02:37 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
DLR Stratford extension - date anyone?

Anyone have an update date - or should that be date update?

Couple of my friendly DLR-folk told me the other night "still sorting
out bits and pieces" - but they were too busy to pass on any...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 10, 12:26 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Rucksacks worn on the tube

Some of us - those with mobility problems, for instance - have no
choice but to use a packpack.

I use a crutch, and need my other arm free to hold on to moving buses,
Underground cars etc. But 2-3...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 10, 04:28 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Mayor's transport strategy - published in full

Greetings

Boris published his new Transport Strategy yesterday at City Hall.

He was apparently on good form - but that was before news that the
LibDems were talking to Labour.

The full set of...
Forum: London Transport April 25th 10, 08:31 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
OT - Belgian Coast tram

Couldn't agree more. A real hidden secret.

Shame that the Ramsgate ferry doesn't carry foot passengers. But maybe
now they have been taken over by L Dreyfus that will change.

And with the new high...
Forum: London Transport April 25th 10, 07:47 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
OT - Belgian Coast tram

I know it's OT, but suspect some here will be interested in news of the
Belgian coast tram, De Kusttram.

The longest tramway in the world at 67km - and yes it's a real tram,
steel rails, overhead...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 10, 06:43 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
River services - at a rate of knots

The Policy Exchange document on river services, At a Rate of Knots -
led by Andrew Gilligan - has been thrown overboard by TfL as
impractical and unaffordable.

Since there are still people around...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 10, 07:04 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Travelcard discounts on river services

For a sightseeing trip, rather than a fast commute, City Cruises gives
one-third discount when you show a valid Travelcard or Oyster with a
Tcard loaded. But this offer doesn't include Oyster cards...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 10, 03:01 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
What a ripoff.

What's your problem?

Obvious reasons?

It was the only way you could get your copy of Metro?
You wanted to catch a glimpse of the new platforms at Canning Town?

Oh, wait a minute, maybe you had a...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 09, 05:19 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

In an attempt to find the answer I went to tfl.gov.uk. And here's the
email I subsequently sent:

Good morning

A journey through the website is even harder than a TfL bus trip in the snow!
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 09, 08:51 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
4hrs 50min stranded on a 53 bus

Hi folks

Interesting journey from Lewisham / Blackheath back to Woolwich last night.

Actually the previous bit was also interesting, no trains London Bridge
to Woolwich Arsenal because of "adverse...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 09, 02:42 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Jubilee line upgrade might miss December target

On 2009-08-25 12:18:11 +0100, Mizter T said:

BBC News story - "Tube closures to last 'to 2010' "

TfL press release...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 09, 05:02 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Woolwich Ferry.

The ferry is now operated by Serco on contract from TfL, IIRC for about
£7m a year.

There are undoubtedly longterm plans to replace both the boats and the
linkspans, in which the machinery...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 09, 11:58 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
DLR Tower Gateway

Oyster on the river is currently in development.

There are various issues - not least the different fare scales with
different operators, which reflect the different styles of service.

Thames...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 09, 03:17 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Woolwich DLR and early re-opening of Tower Gateway

On 2009-02-12 11:46:54 +0000, Mizter T said:

SNIPPED my original

Of course it ultimately depends on where in the City they're heading
to (really obvious point!).

The...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 03:13 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
Woolwich DLR and early re-opening of Tower Gateway

News [as delivered by Paul C from the TfL minutes and reports} that

- Initial patronage levels on DLR Woolwich extension are encouraging.

and

- target date for Tower Gateway DLR reopening is 15...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 10:40 AM
Replies: 77
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
All TfL buses suspended due to snow

Folded is of course the key word. At least in this part of the world
most of the buggies look totally un-foldable - and even with those
which are, users look shocked if a driver asks them to fold...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 08:53 AM
Replies: 77
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
All TfL buses suspended due to snow

There are many differences between bus operations in the 60s and 70s
and today. Here are a few:

VEHICLE & PAX
In the days of the "traditional: double-decker, eg Routemaster,
conductors would call...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 09, 08:56 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
St Pancras (Thameslink) step free to Kings Cross?

Thanks, John

I'll follow your advice - and the yellow line! Lifts are what I want / need!

While I'm a big fan of DLR [since the days it was Mon-Fri 06-20hrs
only] I would struggle at Bank, and...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 09, 06:29 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
St Pancras (Thameslink) step free to Kings Cross?

Sorry to bother you busy folk

I'm travelling from Woolwich Arsenal to KX on Monday morning, [1100 to
Newcastle].

Because I have difficulty walking (stick, won't bore you with the
tedious and...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 09, 07:20 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

For Wharfies travelling in from Woolwich and points East, the good news
is that the interchange at Poplar is cross-platform in both directions.

We had only a couple of minutes to wait.

Excellent...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 09, 07:12 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

Spot on, sir!

DLR continues the time-honoured tradition of opening well-ahead of
contractual dates.

Expectation locally is that some Wharfies will choose Southeastern
-WA-Poplar, particularly...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 08, 08:56 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bearded[_2_]
London Buses....

On 2008-11-06 12:00:52 +0000, "John Rowland"
said:

wrote:
So - I've just moved to this rancid hole and it seems that not only...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump