Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rupert Candy[_3_]
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 12:09 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

MIG wrote:

Oh no they [Oyster based seasons] aren't, and the **** is going to hit
the fan soon, since
ATOC and London Travelwatch are clearly gettting...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 12:09 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

John B wrote:

No. If all the parts of London inaccessible by Oyster PAYG were wiped
off the map tomorrow, it'd be no great loss.

(trying, and struggling, to think of...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 09, 06:17 AM
Replies: 82
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

"John Rowland" wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

Barcelona's was
fine when i was there several years ago, but quite like Rome, ie
nothing exciting....
Forum: London Transport April 26th 09, 09:39 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Crossrail

Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 24, 8:37 am, wrote:

On Apr 21, 9:18 pm, Rupert Candy

[snip list of...
Forum: London Transport April 26th 09, 09:39 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
What should I do to my Season ticket for the next 2.5 months? Help!

Cash in the Z1-2 ticket (~£650), buy an annual Z1-3 (£1208), cash it
in August (~£900), buy a new Z1-2 (£1028), cash it in in January...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 09, 04:18 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Crossrail

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message
,
Mizter T writes

On Apr 21, 2:20 am,...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 09, 07:29 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Oyster Pass

Mr Thant wrote:
I've only seen them selling £5 ones. I thought they were
Forum: London Transport March 30th 09, 10:43 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Buses that terminate short: procedure to be adopted

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

In article , Neil Williams

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 05:02:48 -0700 (PDT),...
Forum: London Transport March 24th 09, 03:57 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

"Paul Scott" wrote:

I think they may have started the dismantling late on Friday night, or
at
least Saturday - probably a good way of concentrating...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 09:37 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 09:35 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

MIG wrote:
On Mar 23, 7:32 am, Rupert Candy
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 06:32 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

....or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 09, 05:23 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
SWT checking tickets

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
elyob wrote:

Wouldn't it be easy enough to let the gates know which train has
come
in and then check the validity? i.e. if...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 09, 05:23 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

"Stephen O'Connell" wrote:
Peter Masson wrote:
wrote

What is going to happen with the FCC Thameslink bays at Moorgate
once the last...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 09, 06:40 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
Excitement as Oyster reader spotted at Brixton

On the Down platform next to the PERTIS machine (Brixton has no proper
ticket machine). A sign that Southeastern and Boris have reached some
sort of agreement?

--
Current nearest station:...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 09, 07:05 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:40 am, Rupert Candy
wrote:
I chose not to live in South London, because the transport links
are
so...
Forum: London Transport March 8th 09, 07:40 AM
Replies: 36

wrote:

I chose not to live in South London, because the transport links are
so unspeakably bad (with PAYG being a relevant, but minor, aspect of
the general transport...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 09, 10:17 AM
Replies: 36

Forum: London Transport March 6th 09, 10:17 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

Tom Barry wrote:

Whenever it starts, it'll be weird to have PAYG finally becoming at
least vaguely useful, rather than just an awkward and...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 09, 04:28 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

This date is still being bandied around, even by Southeastern ticket
staff. Yet as far as I can see only Southern stand any chance of being
ready in time (neoprene-cloaked Oyster readers at all...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 09, 05:49 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Rupert Candy[_3_]
DLR Tower Gateway

Paul Corfield wrote:
Slightly surprised no one has mentioned this but

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/11275.aspx

says Tower Gateway has reopened.

I...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21