Showing results 1 to 25 of 154
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Furley
Forum: London Transport February 25th 13, 04:38 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Stephen Furley
Brickbats and Bouquets

On 25 Feb, 16:31, CJB wrote:
Rail Magazine in its feature on the rear page "Stop & Examine" feature
has reintroduced the Brickbats and Bouquets section. So what are
Forum: London Transport December 5th 12, 03:48 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Stephen Furley
2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

On 5 Dec, 13:49, wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:54:48 +0000

I don't know which roads he saw which were 'fine', no doubt...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 12, 06:27 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Stephen Furley
Took A Ride to Epping

On 26 Sep, 23:54, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:
(X-Posted to uk.transport.london to see if others have the answers.)

With some time on my...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 12, 12:58 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Stephen Furley
Didn't it all go rather well?

On Aug 13, 10:43*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:26:41 +0100, Roland Perry

In message , at...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 12, 12:55 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Stephen Furley
Didn't it all go rather well?

On Aug 13, 11:00*am, Basil Jet wrote:

I met one of the "Olympic Family" who had use of the free BMW...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 12, 08:05 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Stephen Furley
City Hall NYC - stunning photos

On Jun 29, 5:39*am, george conklin wrote:
On 6/28/2012 5:18 PM, CJB wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161899/New-Yorks-ghost-subwa...

CJB

Forum: London Transport June 2nd 12, 11:44 AM
Replies: 88
Posted By Stephen Furley
London Overground in chaos

On Jun 2, 12:14*pm, e27002 wrote:

Given the expenditure of well over £1.5bn on the Overground...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 02:26 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Stephen Furley
Do we really need the BTP

On May 24, 2:53*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 06:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

I take it you mean the Mark Duggan who was...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 02:04 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Stephen Furley
Do we really need the BTP

On May 24, 2:47*pm, Graeme Wall wrote:

The British police are lying, cheating, dishonest, corrupt scum, and I
wish...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 01:51 PM
Replies: 117
Posted By Stephen Furley
London National Rail - Permits To Travel discontinued but stillrequired by Law !!!

But this is slightly different to the situation which I described.
What happens if there are two station, one of which has a machine
which is designed to take only cards, and another station has...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 01:30 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Stephen Furley
Do we really need the BTP

This is nothing new by the way. Take a look at what the Daily
Telegraph, hardly the most anti-establishment publication in this
country, though I think one of our better newspapers, has had to...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 01:05 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Stephen Furley
Do we really need the BTP

On May 24, 12:27*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 10:34:48 GMT

involved - it rather gives the impression the police can kill...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 09:17 AM
Replies: 117

On May 24, 8:48*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:

Forum: London Transport April 3rd 12, 01:25 PM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Stephen Furley
Cell phones, British dials

On Apr 3, 3:07*am, wrote:

On Apr 1, 1:08*am, wrote: Did the letters* on British...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 12, 04:03 PM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Stephen Furley
Cell phones, British dials

On Apr 2, 4:28*pm, Owain wrote:

Would you know if the British railway system ever had radio phones for
use by...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 12, 08:00 PM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Stephen Furley
Cell phones, British dials

Google let me post it this time, but shows my actual name, rather than
one of my e-mail addresses. Sometimes it does one and sometimes the
other; I don't know why.

After I posted it I noticed an...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 12, 07:33 PM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Stephen Furley
Cell phones, British dials

On Apr 1, 6:15*pm, wrote:

*Letters on dials were originally to aid in dialing exchange names, eg
PEnnsylvania...
Forum: London Transport March 30th 12, 01:03 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By Stephen Furley
TfL games advertising outside London

In message , at 03:23:40
on Fri, 30 Mar 2012, Roger Traviss...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 12, 08:44 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Stephen Furley
"Miles of rail line could be re-opened "

On Mar 17, 11:29*am, "
wrote:
What is the situation with the possible reopening of York Street, on the
Piccadilly?

The station was called York Road;...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 11, 10:27 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Stephen Furley
South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

On May 30, 10:37*am, "

I didn't think that there were plans to electrify the GOBLin, especially
considering that they relatively recently...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 11, 02:50 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Furley
Abandoned station in London

On May 13, 3:43*pm, 1506 wrote:

At one time the Kings Cross Thameslink, or Widened Lines, station had
Metropolitan Line platforms. *That side was closed much earlier and
Forum: London Transport April 16th 11, 06:55 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Stephen Furley
Scrapyard Fire Cancels Services

On Apr 15, 5:05*pm, George wrote:

The fire is actually under the motorway and there are fears of damage
to the bridge.

Apparently two of the four railway...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 11, 11:31 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Stephen Furley
East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Feb 28, 11:58*am, 1506 wrote:
On Feb 28, 11:52*am, wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:49:09 -0000

Forum: London Transport February 22nd 11, 11:30 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Stephen Furley
Canning Town - Stratford DLR fares

On Feb 22, 12:28*pm, Paul wrote:

I was searching the TfL fare finder for a fare across town for tonight
and I...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 10, 07:48 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Stephen Furley
Welcome Back Birmingham Moor Street/London Marylebone Station

On Dec 17, 8:29*am, 1506 wrote:

Thank you Peter. *I had forgotten the soccer trafic. *It was not only
Marylebone that was busy. *When a northen team were in the final,
Showing results 1 to 25 of 154

Forum Jump