Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Commuter
Forum: London Transport December 16th 09, 05:19 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Commuter
How often to they update the tube map?

I've seen now with the Circle extension to Hammersmith we have another
Tube map out.

Being reminded over the removal of the river in Sept, how often do they
update the Tube map, and is there a...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 09, 11:34 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Commuter
W&C timetable oddities

No, I don't think so. In fact I've just closed my browser, clicked on
the link again and it has come up again (using Firefox). If you still
can't get it to work, see Richard J's post in a...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 09, 07:47 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Commuter
Wandsworth Town station gateline

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
More than once /within the past year/ perhaps.

At Woking neither platform 1 nor platform 2 is where it was when I was
a lad and it's not in the least obvious where...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 09, 12:18 PM
Replies: 223
Posted By Commuter
Walk-through trains

Sorry - not sure exactly what they're called, but why is it only the SSL
and Overground that are to get trains that you can walk all the way
through (like a bendy bus)?

Is there something on the...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 09, 07:40 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Commuter
Not in my back yard

MaxB wrote:
Residents welcome new London railway depot - not!

MaxB

No sympathy I'm afraid - I have to live opposite a two storey...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 09, 07:11 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Commuter
Wandsworth Town station gateline

It wouldn't solve it immediately, but over a few days or weeks it would
weed the troublemakers out of the population.

I dunno, about 20 times per day I get asked "Where is platform /x/?" If...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 09, 11:59 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Commuter
Wandsworth Town station gateline

Lucas wrote:
I don't know why they couldn't have foreseen it, but when I saw those
four gates being installed at Wandsworth town a week or two ago I knew
that could never be enough. They're...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 09, 11:06 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Commuter
Class 378 in service

The concept is the same as DLR - i.e. the guard is in control of one
doorway (i.e. two door leaves that slide across). From what I saw today
the guard stepped out on to the platform to ensure...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 09:26 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Commuter
Another Oyster problem

Sadly the software doesn't work like that - it only cares about
closing and/or extending the current journey. Your trip into Canary
Wharf LUL seems to have made sure it treated it as one big...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 02:42 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Commuter
Another Oyster problem

I assume he got there by DLR - via a Tower Hill to Tower Gateway OSI.

Yes, that's correct. Marble Arch (touch in) - Tower Hill (touch out);
Tower Gateway DLR (touch in) - Westferry - Canary Wharf...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 12:26 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Commuter
Another Oyster problem

Mizter T wrote:
You're going to have to provide more comprehensive information about
what journeys you made if we're going to try and fathom this out.

Well I'd done the journey Heron Quays to...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 09, 11:02 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Commuter
Another Oyster problem

I mentioned this in another thread here (which I can't find), but it's
happened again...

Just back from a recent trip to London, I noticed the balance was £8
less than it should have been. Looked...
Forum: London Transport June 28th 09, 06:30 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Commuter
Off the trains

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
I changed jobs in Feb 09 so I no longer have to get the First Capital
Connect from Palmers Green. It's amazing how much that has improved my
life. I can see in...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 09, 09:57 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Commuter
Tube challenge Oyster PAYG

Just seen on another forum that members are arranging a Zone 1 (except
Blackfriars) 'Tube challenge' where they aim to visit all stations in
the shortest possible time for a competition between...
Forum: London Transport June 14th 09, 12:16 PM
Replies: 120
Posted By Commuter
Borisbus inching forward?

Also that there's now consideration given to covering up the rear
platform at night.

This seems a bit silly. There are far fewer buses running at night
than during the day, so if they...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 11:43 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Commuter
Stations closed

wrote:
http://www.lbc.co.uk/the-latest-london-travel-news-8419

How come some stations are closed but others are not?

Could perhaps be to do with stations being served...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 09, 05:38 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Commuter
Croxley Rail Link 'complete by 2014'

1506 wrote:
Is Watford normally a Tory voting area? I suspect that it is. In
which case, this has a small chance of going forward. That said I am
not especially optimistic.

After years of...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 09, 10:36 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By Commuter
Strange Oyster error

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you touch out at Wembley Central? If you didn't then I can fully
understand why a touch in at Wembley Stadium would, in fact, end your
original journey from Picc...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 09, 07:26 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Commuter
CCTV EVERYWHERE IN LONDON

Er, do either of you ever have cause to travel on NX West Midlands
buses??!!

Yep, that can be a bit hairy sometimes but that's the least of their
worries.

Since I moved to Birmingham last...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump