Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Lynn[_2_]
Forum: London Transport April 11th 21, 12:52 PM
Replies: 221
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
LO lines to be named

On 11/04/2021 12:04, Basil Jet wrote:
In message , at 10:15:18 on Sun, 11 Apr
2021, Graeme Wall...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 21, 10:20 PM
Replies: 221
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
LO lines to be named

On 08/04/2021 13:16, Sam Wilson wrote:
I haven’t noticed it so much recently, but Edinburgh used to have quite a
lot of dedicated buses with the route number included in the livery as well
as...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 21, 08:52 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Gasworks Tunnel

On 09/03/2021 08:37, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:24:30 on
Wiki suggests the Fat Director was used for a couple of books. The web
is...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 21, 11:09 PM
Replies: 151
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 05/01/2021 00:13, Recliner wrote:
The official version is up:
https://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

The trams fare zone makes a right mess of the zones in south London. It
looks...
Forum: London Transport January 27th 19, 02:20 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
When the software meets the hardware

On 27/01/19 13:31, wrote:
On 26 Jan 2019 23:10:47 GMT
Thought you had children?
Many youngsters are not able...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 18, 07:21 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
New timetables online: Park Royal parly to be diverted

On 25/11/18 01:40, Basil Jet wrote:
However, I hope that Chiltern's request for a reopened line into the new
OOC Crossrail/HS2/GWR station comes to...
Forum: London Transport August 14th 17, 06:48 PM
Replies: 104
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
London Waterloo international

On 13/08/17 20:07, Recliner wrote:
I thought at the time that a solution to the SWT-area...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 17, 05:11 PM
Replies: 104
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
London Waterloo international

On 13/08/17 16:18, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
I thought at the time that a solution to the SWT-area passengers who felt
disadvantaged by E*'s move to St Pancras, would have been 1tph SET Javelin
Forum: London Transport July 31st 16, 09:49 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Crossrail Elizabeth Line trainset unveiled

On 31/07/16 20:07, Martin Coffee wrote:
The other difference between the Channel Tunnel and the tube is there
are no stations so limited braking and...
Forum: London Transport August 12th 15, 11:33 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Chiltern to Paddington

On 12/08/15 18:57, Basil Jet wrote:
The latest iteration of the October timetable has been uploaded into
ITPS, so is now available in journey...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 15, 08:40 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Chiltern to Paddington

On 10/08/15 21:54, Barry Salter wrote:
The latest iteration of the October timetable has been uploaded into
ITPS, so is now available in journey planners, and it's a fairly major
recast in...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 15, 08:19 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Chiltern to Paddington

On 07/08/15 22:23, Charles Ellson wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 22:03:13 +0100, Roger Lynn
Having some trains going to Paddington and others to Marylebone would...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 15, 09:03 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Chiltern to Paddington

On 05/08/15 13:48, Recliner wrote:
As most people here must know, Chiltern runs one service a day, M-F,
to Paddington. It's run mainly for maintaining driver route knowledge
for the occasions...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 13, 08:02 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Rail replacement bus gets lost

On 28/04/13 16:24, allan tracy wrote:
All too often these problems come about because TOC managers fail to
appreciate the complexities involved in providing bus replacement.

On the face of...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 13, 09:12 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
S7 Stock to Barking

On 14/01/13 20:13, wrote:
Unfortunately my job is moving to Swindon, where apparently many of the
buses are "exact change only". I...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 13, 06:24 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
S7 Stock to Barking

On 14/01/13 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
Out in the provinces the existence of "all day" tickets (typically
around Ł4) means people only have to pay once, and combine that with an
"exact change...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 12, 04:20 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Office can't change a tenner

On 26/05/12 13:19, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
Is it just my age or was it only around the turn of the millenium that the
debit card really took off?

No. All* current accounts came with one when...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 12, 07:33 PM
Replies: 211
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 06/04/12 17:10, 77002 wrote:
On Apr 6, 10:52 am, Roger Lynn wrote:
However, having given it some though, I question the value of
Forum: London Transport April 6th 12, 09:52 AM
Replies: 211
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 05/04/12 17:29, 77002 wrote:
On Apr 5, 2:39 pm, D DB 90001
On Wednesday, 4...
Forum: London Transport March 24th 12, 09:12 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
The Tube...

On 24/03/12 11:10, Roland Perry wrote:
I'm only just catching up on the series, and watched the one about
revenue inspectors yesterday. Doing some quick sums on the back of an
envelope, it...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 12, 08:51 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Why The Circle Line?

In article
mark townend ...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 11, 01:22 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Baker St.(Met) and Met operations

On 15/10/11 19:21, wrote:
I always find Baker St to be a bit of a pain, changing and traveling
onwards eastbound, trying to second guess which platform is going to
have...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 11, 10:13 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Oxford to London commute - ridiculous??

On 26/01/11 16:56, Theo Markettos wrote:
I'm going to take the liberty of crossposting this to the uk.railway
newsgroup - I'm not...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 10, 10:13 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Paddington barriers again

On 08/07/10 15:04, Mizter T wrote:
Must admit that I was a bit surprised when the Teacup/ Lasso
(whatever!) went ahead without there being any changes at Paddington
H&C platforms - I recall...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 08:21 PM
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Lynn[_2_]
Loogahgbaroogah

On 30/06/10 19:56, Zhang Dawei wrote:
Grantham was never in the part of Lincolnshire called "Holland": it
was in Kesteven,

It still is, or at least the district council is that of South...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump